LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

17 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Andy, while I have about a 70% enjoyment ratio of your review, the pinnacle attacks are becoming so tiresome. I too have seen some obnoxious P's in the SL/CK but painting such a broad brushstroke is giving me a headache.  I'll never be pinnacle, I'm ok with that.  I don't want to live on a cruise ship.  But you are making them the villain of your rant when actually you should be blaming Royal for the policy.  They aren't doing anything wrong by being in there.  Maybe the policy will change, maybe it won't.  Try focusing on something else - you might enjoy yourself more.  Or maybe you just like getting them all riled up.  I do think you might enjoy Celebrity a lot more - much better food quality, special suite lounges and areas and I don't think the Elite cruisers impact those areas as much.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

ps - yes I know I don't have to read this but like I said, I enjoy most of it.  I'm not defending rude pinnacle behavior but at the same time, they aren't in the wrong for being in there.

The funny thing is they are almost non existent on this voyage.  Maybe he had an agenda that didn't pan out.

Enjoying the photos 

42 minutes ago, Andy C said:

What is considered a good speed on Voom?

Here it was in October during President cruise. You can probably check your last trip in the results tab.

Screenshot_20181221-122532_Speedtest.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The funny thing is they are almost non existent on this voyage.  Maybe he had an agenda that didn't pan out.

Enjoying the photos 

I’ve said pinnacles have not been an issue on this cruise. Met a nice one on here who has nothing nice to say about his fellow pins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:42 AM, John&LaLa said:

Harmony has a better WJ than Oasis and Allure.

We may try 150 again.  Not impressed last time

We finally had an impressive meal in 150 a couple of weeks ago.  The previous visits...not so much.  Totally enjoyed the tenderloin for two mid week.  With the nice steak first night CK, the steak at 350 meal, and this one at 150...we ate more chunk of steer than we usually do in 6 months.  😮 

They were all good though.  🙂 

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe that's the plan to chase the Pins out.  

Always the kiddie menu. 😁

One of the CK waiters on Oasis calls Bucky "chicken fingers" since he loves to order from the children's menu a couple times a week for lunch.  😉 

18 hours ago, frank808 said:

And two luke warm tubs!  Please tell me if they have fixed the door leading from the aurea sun deck to yc portion.  One day it was so crowded i was wondering what was going on.  Noticed that a whole bunch did not have yc towels but regular towels on the loungers.  Walked back to the stairs and saw people coming in through the door with aurea area.  

Butler told me that the door was broken and they have to police area to make sure only yc passengers are there. 

Another yc passenger told me that they sat at the bar on boarding day and was drinking with another couple.  Found out by asking them when they were having dinner on 18?  Man said that their assigned dining room was on a lower deck.  Couple got up and left after that.  Said that they were drinking togeher for 3 or 4 hours.

Door up to suites deck on Oasis starboard side 2 weeks ago was broken.  Would not close and banged open with each sway of the ship.  It was broken all week that we were on board.  I ask concierge to let maintenance know about it.  Not sure if they ever did anything.  

2 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

Andy. Just got a call from the specialty restaurant manager. He is comping us to night st Izumi. So we will not be eating with you tonight. I’ll report back how it goes. Thanks for having me for lunch

Enjoy! Are you doing the hibachi or the sushi or both?

You’re going to miss the nice Philippino pork adobo and chicken they are making for us tonight. 

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Just a good morning greeting to everyone............regardless of cabin booking or how much you paid for the cruise, status or income level.

Hi Gary!  Are you two home based back to the beach now?  I just took the bait today, just to be qualified to say "been there done that" and put in a bid to go from GS to CLS.  I swore I would not fall for that crap...so now we will see if I am as stupid as I think I am.  😮😉 

Edited by island lady

16 minutes ago, Andy C said:

I’ll test the speed again when all the cattle are back on board.  

You will likely see the speed go down and the ping go up. For context, on ships without O3B like Harmony, their best ping is about 600ms, while at home you'll be well under 100ms (sometimes even below 10ms) - for most uses, ping is the driver for performance.

Edited by Biker19

10 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Enjoy! Are you doing the hibachi or the sushi or both?

You’re going to miss the nice Philippino pork adobo and chicken they are making for us tonight. 

I know, so enjoyable eating with you guys too. We’re doing the sushi side. Let you know how it goes. Should be doing surprise food dinner with you tomorrow. See ya at breakfast too I’m sure. That elite was smooth, thanks

2 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Andy, while I have about a 70% enjoyment ratio of your review, the pinnacle attacks are becoming so tiresome. I too have seen some obnoxious P's in the SL/CK but painting such a broad brushstroke is giving me a headache.  I'll never be pinnacle, I'm ok with that.  I don't want to live on a cruise ship.  But you are making them the villain of your rant when actually you should be blaming Royal for the policy.  They aren't doing anything wrong by being in there.  Maybe the policy will change, maybe it won't.  Try focusing on something else - you might enjoy yourself more.  Or maybe you just like getting them all riled up.  I do think you might enjoy Celebrity a lot more - much better food quality, special suite lounges and areas and I don't think the Elite cruisers impact those areas as much.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

ps - yes I know I don't have to read this but like I said, I enjoy most of it.  I'm not defending rude pinnacle behavior but at the same time, they aren't in the wrong for being in there.

Wolfgang, I really don’t care if they are nice or nasty (although the September ones were nasty and swarmed together). The point is the non-suite paying ones are bodies (and opportunists as well) that take up space in an area marketed to Suite guests as exclusive to them. Many suite guests have had their cruises impacted because of this and several of those have commented on this thread. RCI gave me a future cruise credit of $2,100 because of that which I applied to the current cruise we’re on. 

They know they have a problem and they’re working on it. 

I’m not on here to make friends and don’t care what anyone thinks of me. But I’m going to make damn sure that anyone on CC that’s looking to book a suite on RCI knows this issue exists. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Wolfgang, I really don’t care if they are nice or nasty (although the September ones were nasty and swarmed together). The point is the non-suite paying ones are bodies (and opportunists as well) that take up space in an area marketed to Suite guests as exclusive to them. Many suite guests have had their cruises impacted because of this and several of those have commented on this thread. RCI gave me a future cruise credit of $2,100 because of that which I applied to the current cruise we’re on. 

They know they have a problem and they’re working on it. 

I’m not on here to make friends and don’t care what anyone thinks of me. But I’m going to make damn sure that anyone on CC that’s looking to book a suite on RCI knows this issue exists. 

And there's the agenda.  You're not related to Don Quixote are you?

Really dont understand the opportunist statement.  One might find you an opportunist in search of FCC.  I just follow the program as it currently exists.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 7