LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

Just now, Andy C said:

It’s the same miserable crap you and I have had a million times but it changes on days 5, 6 and 7. They told me that in my September cruise. 

Oasis is much better. Makes me want to rethink Harmony when she heads north.  None booked yet. 

10 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

Sucks to hear that. I was on the Harmony in September and was able to stream Netflix on my laptop from numerous locations without issue.

So were we and I don’t recall it sucking as bad as it has this week. 

1 hour ago, Yertie79 said:

Loving the fact that the CK chef will personally prepare something for you.  I’m sure you’re a good tipper, plus you’re spending money onboard.  UDP, etc.  Perhaps Royal needs to amend their loyalty program to mimic what the airlines are doing.  It’s not just the number of flights (or cruises), the dollar amount spent is also a factor.  Those cruising in inside cabins, spending zero onboard would take longer to reach different levels.  

I tip very well and often throughout the week. I’ve also known many of this crew for years. 

2 minutes ago, Life is Good Cruising said:

We were Harmony in August, September and October, Internet was fine all over the ship. The only disappointment was no USB ports that we could find in our GS and neither could our stateroom attendant find any.

We always stay in a GS and I’ve never seen one. Harmony having slow internet is a known issue. But I’m just a bitter nit picker (according to the cheerleaders).

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Andy C said:

We always stay in a GS and I’ve never seen one. Harmony having slow internet is a known issue. But I’m just a bitter nit picker (according to the cheerleaders).

I didn't find any USBs in the GS last week either. I did not have any issues with the WiFi however. It was decent all week.

I thought the food at the CK was a snooze, especially when trying to eat vegetarian.  The cauliflower steak (and I use that term lightly) was just a chunk of cauliflower with with a lame dusting of spices.  The tofu bland and lacking interest, and the cassoulet, well not really a cassoulet at all, just some assorted beans.   I actually commented to Chaker...(the concierge) and I had a phone call from the restaurant manager and then a personal meeting with the CK chef.  They certainly tried to up their game from then on with some success, but nothing exceptional.  Eventually I went back to the dark side (meat and fish) to keep from feeling deprived.   

The dinning experience overall was so lack luster, even in the specialty restaurants (Chops, Jamie's, 150, Izumi hibachi) that I really had to question the wisdom of doing a B2B cruise.  We were the week after the Presidents Cruise so there were still quite a few Pins on board and the SL service was a disaster....People literally were busing their own tables and going to bar to order.  Often just one waiter for a room full of people....pretty shocking.  The concierges even were pitching in.  I didn't blame the large number of Pins...but the SL manager for inadequate staffing.  The only negative Pin observation was the women you had lost hers and was in the face of the guest services officer to get a replacement.  You'd think it was the Order of the British Empire personally bestowed by the Queen. This woman was on a mission and took her status oh so seriously.   

I was pretty sure I was done with RCI.......and I am with the Oasis class....but a cruise to Hawaii (2019) on the Radiance coincides with a wedding over there.  The suite perks aren't so perky, but I'm a medium ship kind of guy.         

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy C said:

To the pinnacle access privilege that has ruined many a suite experience in SL/CK. 

Didn't you say that about the President's Cruise?

Missed the mark there. 😉

I dont think we are at saturation yet.  The Symphony TA made modifications,  maybe expect more of that 

1 hour ago, George C said:

Two things I did not like on oasis for suites were no DVD players like all my other suites and sun deck is two decks above the pool. Looking forward to msc yacht with pool just for suites.

And two luke warm tubs!  Please tell me if they have fixed the door leading from the aurea sun deck to yc portion.  One day it was so crowded i was wondering what was going on.  Noticed that a whole bunch did not have yc towels but regular towels on the loungers.  Walked back to the stairs and saw people coming in through the door with aurea area.  

Butler told me that the door was broken and they have to police area to make sure only yc passengers are there. 

Another yc passenger told me that they sat at the bar on boarding day and was drinking with another couple.  Found out by asking them when they were having dinner on 18?  Man said that their assigned dining room was on a lower deck.  Couple got up and left after that.  Said that they were drinking togeher for 3 or 4 hours.

3 hours ago, Life is Good Cruising said:

We were Harmony in August, September and October, Internet was fine all over the ship. The only disappointment was no USB ports that we could find in our GS and neither could our stateroom attendant find any.

Funny that the Majesty has one on each side of the bed but the newer ships don't have any.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't you say that about the President's Cruise?

Missed the mark there. 😉

I dont think we are at saturation yet.  The Symphony TA made modifications,  maybe expect more of that 

I think the president’s cruise only served to point out the extent of the train wreck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't recognize that.  Looks like a dinner menu

It’s not the lunch menu we had in October.  Must have changed. 

7 hours ago, Andy C said:

My wife’s special request. 

7B392FBA-C601-466B-AFF3-DB873A21065D.jpeg

Looks good... she can have my plantains though. 

5 hours ago, Andy C said:

I just walked out of the windjammer - an Asian soup/noodle station in the back caught my eye. I had to try it. I’m embarrassed to admit it was tasty as f@&k. 

There are are some hidden gems. Just have to find them.

47 minutes ago, Andy C said:

While everyone else had the same tired offerings tonight we had ox tail, rice and peas, jerk chicken, maduros and fried dumplings. 

1D5518E3-2530-44F0-80AE-D4F6C291CD3F.jpeg

4B56A961-5557-4EDC-8DD1-EA0CCA3783EC.jpeg

We don’t have anything on Harmony for a while but I’d be asking for the Andy Special for these two. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s not the lunch menu we had in October.  Must have changed. 

Looks good... she can have my plantains though. 

There are are some hidden gems. Just have to find them.

We don’t have anything on Harmony for a while but I’d be asking for the Andy Special for these two. 

My in-laws and my mom are having such a ball that I am looking at STAR 2 bedroom aqua in April on Harmony. Am I crazy?

8 minutes ago, Andy C said:

My in-laws and my mom are having such a ball that I am looking at STAR 2 bedroom aqua in April on Harmony. Am I crazy?

I think you will find the bathrooms small and a long walk down the hallway. If the price was good I’d say yes, but I bet your 2 suites next to one another is a better “deal”. With specialty dining not ranking as high for you that could/would be considered a “loss”.  

Andy, for some reason I don’t think you’d have as more fun than you are now and a greater cost. However, if that’s what the ladies want make them happy. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think you will find the bathrooms small and a long walk down the hallway. If the price was good I’d say yes, but I bet your 2 suites next to one another is a better deal. With specialty dining not ranking as high for you that could/would be considered a “loss”.  

Andy, for some reason I don’t think you’d have as more fun than you are now and a great cost. However, if that’s what the ladies want make them happy. 😉

$17k for that vs. $12k now but if you factor in grats and drink packages I’m paying for now it is probably closer to $14k. I do think specialty dining is a turd.