Cruise Critic Community
Andy C

LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They also have Louis XIV. 😉

20181219_094041.jpg

Andy, does it appear to have gone down any since October?

XIII. Oh yes it has. I’ll post a pic later. 

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

XIII. Oh yes it has. I’ll post a pic later. 

You are obviously more sophisticated than I.

Waiting for Captain Johnny Flavor Villain to give the all clear to make my grand entrance into the tourist trap. 

F3CE1EE0-241B-43C9-BD01-72BC8B977BB0.jpeg

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You are obviously more sophisticated than I.

I think I may order one in your honor, John. 

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks Andy!  I think I would like to arrange a cabana at Barefoot Beach in advance- that is the reason for my request.

Listen, I have no problem spending money - ask my wife - but I really think the cabanas are an utter waste of money. 

1 minute ago, Andy C said:

Listen, I have no problem spending money - ask my wife - but I really think the cabanas are an utter waste of money. 

Yeah agree but my wife wants one!!

58 minutes ago, Andy C said:

We used to get them but all we ever did was nap there.  I can do that on the ship !  If I had small children with me I would probably feel differently but it is just the 2 of us.  Truly too much money for an afternoon nap.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks Andy!  I think I would like to arrange a cabana at Barefoot Beach in advance- that is the reason for my request.

You should get an email 3-7 days before your cruise sailing. That would be a good time to reply to the Concierges with your needs and wants. 

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

Juicy? Staying in the secure area. Been here many times. I’ll be back on before lunch. 

Yes those patties sold by the vendor in port are Juici patties from the shop in downtown Falmouth. 

John, locals call those patties 😉

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Wow, it has gone down. The gratuity is more than most drinks

Im going to make it go down a little further. 

13 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Im going to make it go down a little further. 

I wonder what the up charge will be. 🤔

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Star Class gets first right of refusal on the cabanas prior to the sailing and then the lower ranked Sky follows, then Sea and if any are left they go to the general public. Sailing in Star we have made our decision as late as day one of the cruise.

You might not know what cabana you have until you are on board, but getting your request in early is a very good idea. The comment someone made about sleeping in it made me laugh, I always have a nap. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Yes those patties sold by the vendor in port are Juici patties from the shop in downtown Falmouth. 

John, locals call those patties 😉

I just booked a walking history/tasting tour around Falmouth for next month that includes stopping off at several street vendors and local cafes.  Those Jamaican meat patties will be on the tour.  🙂

Probably not as good as your local Spam delicacies though!  😄 

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Star Class gets first right of refusal on the cabanas prior to the sailing and then the lower ranked Sky follows, then Sea and if any are left they go to the general public. Sailing in Star we have made our decision as late as day one of the cruise.

You might not know what cabana you have until you are on board, but getting your request in early is a very good idea. The comment someone made about sleeping in it made me laugh, I always have a nap. 

You forgot Pinnacle 😉

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

I just booked a walking history/tasting tour around Falmouth for next month that includes stopping off at several street vendors and local cafes.  Those Jamaican meat patties will be on the tour.  🙂

Maybe you'll visit Pepper's. Not to far away

20180925_144053.jpg

20180925_143914.jpg

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You forgot Pinnacle 😉

Ok, 1% P on Oasis. What percentage of that 1% will pay for a Cabana?  I bet the number is nearly unmeasurable. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe you'll visit Pepper's. Not to far away

Have seen the sign for that place...have not tried it yet.  Was looking for something different to do this time...having totally enjoyed same types of tours in Nassau and just a couple of weeks ago in St. Maarten.  Not sure if Peppers is on this tour.  

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok, 1% P on Oasis. What percentage of that 1% will pay for a Cabana?  I bet the number is nearly unmeasurable. 

The percentage is way different when you restrict it to those who have access to the Concierge.  We've done 4 over the years.

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have fun on the walking tour!  On our second stop at Falmouth we decided to just walk around town.  Walked all over town all the way past the Juici store.  We headed back when crowds started to thin out and there were no stores.  

Those parties are really good.  Different than spam musubi and less carbs...I hope 🤗🤗

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You forgot Pinnacle 😉

I’d say they fall in below Star and above Sky.

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

20180925_144053.jpg

Mind out of gutter. LOL. 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I tend to agree with you, but I think the exception would be if they have extended family with them; grandkids etc. Why would they rent a cabana if they are there once a month, but there are exceptions.