LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

42 minutes ago, Andy C said:

If you pay for a suite and travel when there are a lot of pins onboard your suite experience will most definitely be diluted and in many cases, severely so. Also since many of them know each other quite well they swarm en masse. Good luck getting preferred dinner times and even better luck getting a seat in the suite lounge - and you can forget about a window seat. 

Do you have grandkids? Does your daughter have kids? I hope you don’t get the nasty, evil eyes that we and our children got on our September Harmony  cruise.  Go read my live review from that cruise. 

Oh and one more thing - 9 out of 10 times the crew will take care of a pin first and foremost no matter if you were waiting there first. 

Thanks for answering and the information. No grandkids. Very interesting about the pin service. Swarming in masse-I will remove myself as fast as I can/daughter will drag me away as she knows I get mad fast. Oh well, just glad to be vertical and cruising.  Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, island lady said:

Hi Gary!  Are you two home based back to the beach now?  I just took the bait today, just to be qualified to say "been there done that" and put in a bid to go from GS to CLS.  I swore I would not fall for that crap...so now we will see if I am as stupid as I think I am.  😮😉 

If you do get a CLS, I will be interested to hear how you like it. We have another Aqua Suite booked on Harmony but John wants to try a CLS after that. We were able to see one on Oasis and at first John wasn’t impressed, then he checked prices and saw they are much less than the Aqua Suite. We also got tired of the long walk to our Suite!

On 12/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, cruise wizard said:

Just a good morning greeting to everyone............regardless of cabin booking or how much you paid for the cruise, status or income level.

Hi Gary! I’ll hijack this thread for a moment to tell you thanks for your kind thoughts. You kept asking me how I was doing. That was so thoughtful! 

9 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

If you do get a CLS, I will be interested to hear how you like it. We have another Aqua Suite booked on Harmony but John wants to try a CLS after that. We were able to see one on Oasis and at first John wasn’t impressed, then he checked prices and saw they are much less than the Aqua Suite. We also got tired of the long walk to our Suite!

@sisocialworker was very unimpressed with the CLS he visited on this cruise. The climb up the stairs several times a day, the sheer curtain upstairs that lets light in, the night lights on the stairs that never turn off, the narrowness of the room, the small balcony, etc... Killed my interest in one. 

19 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

CLS is great.  Two full bathrooms, steps to the SL/CK, and two cabin stewards having your cabin cleaned quicker. Also deck 17 has the glass doors which are locked and only guests with clearance cards can enter, that is if the deck 17 residents shut the doors behind him. 

Andy, sorry to sidetrack your review. LOL, obviously there is a difference in opinions on this one. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy C said:

@sisocialworker was very unimpressed with the CLS he visited on this cruise. The climb up the stairs several times a day, the sheer curtain upstairs that lets light in, the night lights on the stairs that never turn off, the narrowness of the room, the small balcony, etc... Killed my interest in one. 

Andy, on Harmony the stair lights shut off completely.  At least the one we had this fall did, as well as the Star Loft Suite on Harmony.  On Oasis and Allure, the top light on the steps does not shut off. We cover it with a washcloth. Lisa hates any light on at night, from inside or from outside of the cabin. Like you said, the upstairs sheer does nothing.  After we close the large sheers and drapes on the main level, rhere is typically a bit of gap and we close up with a towel clip.  No outside light comes in, and Lisa is happy. 

It’s unfortunate that that you don’t like them Andy.  You should give them a go one time. With the bathtub/shower upstairs and shower down below it should work great for the kids. Just trying to convert you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy C said:

If you pay for a suite and travel when there are a lot of pins onboard your suite experience will most definitely be diluted and in many cases, severely so. Also since many of them know each other quite well they swarm en masse. Good luck getting preferred dinner times and even better luck getting a seat in the suite lounge - and you can forget about a window seat. 

Do you have grandkids? Does your daughter have kids? I hope you don’t get the nasty, evil eyes that we and our children got on our September Harmony  cruise.  Go read my live review from that cruise. 

Oh and one more thing - 9 out of 10 times the crew will take care of a pin first and foremost no matter if you were waiting there first. 

Thank You Andy for your always informative posts. My family and I are giving RCI a try and staying in a GS on Liberty. My daughter is 16 and WILL be enjoying all of the suite perks we paid for, including the Suite Lounge. :)  Look forward to your next post, I truly learn so much, Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Andy, on Harmony the stair lights shut off completely.  At least the one we had this fall did, as well as the Star Loft Suite on Harmony.  On Oasis and Allure, the top light on the steps does not shut off. We cover it with a washcloth. Lisa hates any light on at night, from inside or from outside of the cabin. Like you said, the upstairs sheer does nothing.  After we close the large sheers and drapes on the main level, rhere is typically a bit of gap and we close up with a towel clip.  No outside light comes in, and Lisa is happy. 

It’s unfortunate that that you don’t like them Andy.  You should give them a go one time. With the bathtub/shower upstairs and shower down below it should work great for the kids. Just trying to convert you.

Andrew, I would love to have you over the next time you are in Miami. I appreciate your offering informative advice to folks on here. That is my goal. 

The old people loved this cruise so much I booked Symphony this same week next December. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Both my mother in law and my mom took a bad spill in the GS bathtub. FYI to those of you who are not as nimble anymore that this tub is dangerous. If you book this room it may help to bring a bath pad for the tub. 

Did they fall in the tub or trying to get in and out?  I am only 5' 4" and the side of the tub in our GS on Oasis came to about mid thigh.  I would guess I am quite a bit younger than your mom or MIL and I found it difficult getting in and out of that tub.  I wish the GS had a separate shower stall like the OS does.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Both my mother in law and my mom took a bad spill in the GS bathtub. FYI to those of you who are not as nimble anymore that this tub is dangerous. If you book this room it may help to bring a bath pad for the tub. 

Hopefully they are as good as they can be. 

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

We hope they feel better. They may feel more pain tomorrow. They were, and you FIL, were very friendly and nice to us... we feel adopted 

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

We can no longer book GSs as my husband has mobility issues.  There is only one full accessible suite on the Oasis class a CLS which is really hard to get.  I wish Royal had more options.

We are going on Celebrity next year and they have accessible Sky Suites (not the same benefits, of course).

Enjoy your last evening!

3 hours ago, Andy C said:

Andrew, I would love to have you over the next time you are in Miami. I appreciate your offering informative advice to folks on here. That is my goal. 

The old people loved this cruise so much I booked Symphony this same week next December. 

as far as stair lights go, I was reporting what I was told by the occupants of the CLS I visited during a room crawl this cruise. I was there in the room during the day and all the stair lights were on. Albeit, they may not have known how to turn them off? But they said it’s on all night. 

10 hours ago, island lady said:

That is probably why no complimentary drinks on the Suite's sun deck.  Can't control who comes and goes.  Though it seems each time we are up there, even in the middle of the day on a sea day, it is never busy on Oasis.  

Easy to control by showing your seapass card at the bar. 

48 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

as far as stair lights go, I was reporting what I was told by the occupants of the CLS I visited during a room crawl this cruise. I was there in the room during the day and all the stair lights were on. Albeit, they may not have known how to turn them off? But they said it’s on all night. 

Unfortunately it is the last night in board, so this info won’t do them any good. There is a single light switch at the top of the stairs which controls them. It’s on the wall, basically at the top stair. If it is on, and you shut off the master light switch, it still stays on. You actually have to hit that one and it shuts them all off.  I’m guessing/thinking that couple guessed that if the master switch didn’t do it, nothing would. 

On Oasis and Allure there is the one switch, at least for the Star Loft as well.  We have on done a CLS once on Oasis, and that was so long ago I don’t remember.  However, they are usually wired the same way for all lofts. The difference on Oasis and Allure one switch shuts off all the stairs lights, except for the one single light on the top of the stairs, thus our washcloth cover.

It’s too too bad this didn’t come up earlier as your friends could/would have had better sleep at night. However, if you do a CLS one day you have a good cabin hack. 

I looked on line and these should be the switches for the stairs. 

347D8E89-1BB2-4736-AF51-ABA2418DA4A4.thumb.jpeg.f21907dfba38d13f701daa262288b9cf.jpeg

8A8D0E3D-B91F-471C-9C4A-7F45BF56054D.thumb.jpeg.057e79ffdb596c51742d75f2d5e0ca93.jpeg

• Like 1