LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

18 hours ago, island lady said:

I still thought your Aqua theater suite was pretty cool!  🙂  loved it, but Bucky is worried about noise on the balcony and vibration.  

Also interested in booking an L1 next time.  

It was awesome! We are looking forward to the one we have booked on Harmony to compare. The one on Oasis was added on after a refurbishment. 

7 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I saw this as well but I  wonder if this is an IT glitch or is RC testing the market.  Why would someone pay the same for a L2 and L1?  

What goes around comes around. When Oasis first came out, all the Crown lofts were one cabin category, then a number of years later they split them into 2 categories. 

mac_tlc

14 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Next 5 are in #1722. For December the L1 Crown Lofts were cheaper then the L2 Crown Lofts when we booked.

When Sandy gave me that bottle of wine, I was surprised to see your L1 cabin, she told me "which ever one is cheaper"...sounds like a good plan to me!  

"Sea" you on board soon.  Hi to Sandy...and Happy New Year!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

4 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

It was awesome! We are looking forward to the one we have booked on Harmony to compare. The one on Oasis was added on after a refurbishment. 

The bathroom was indeed smaller, but oh my...that wrap around balcony and that large separate living room more than made it up for it.  Everything so much newer being one of the added on cabins also.  Loved it...once again thanks for giving us the tour!  🙂 

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

What goes around comes around. When Oasis first came out, all the Crown lofts were one cabin category, then a number of years later they split them into 2 categories. 

mac_tlc

As they did the Junior Suites.  

13 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I saw this as well but I  wonder if this is an IT glitch or is RC testing the market.  Why would someone pay the same for a L2 and L1?  

I read somewhere else that they were doing this to Allure after drydock. I’m not sure the other Oasis Class ships are getting the same “treatment”.  For RC it is a good way to make more money. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I read somewhere else that they were doing this to Allure after drydock. I’m not sure the other Oasis Class ships are getting the same “treatment”.  For RC it is a good way to make more money. 

Two categories make sense since the view isn't equal.   I'm sure all Oasis ships will follow the same treatment. I guess anyway RC can make $ they will. The price difference between a L1 and L2 wasn't huge but enough to chose a L2 to save some money. 

Edited by crusinthrough

20 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Andrew, I have two side by side GS on Symphony.  What are your thoughts on moving all 7 of us to side by side CLS L1s for less than $2k total for all 7?

• Like 1

Will your parents be able to move up and down the stairs? It is about 17 steps or so up to the loft.  But we love the CL rooms more than the GS.  The 2 story floor to ceiling windows are awesome.  Plus we love the quiet wide corridors steps to SL.  Also have never had bad deck 17 stateroom attendants and they dont seem to be as stressed out with workload.

3 hours ago, Andy C said:

Andrew, I have two side by side GS on Symphony.  What are your thoughts on moving all 7 of us to side by side CLS L1s for less than $2k total for all 7?

If the stairs won’t be an issue for the grandparents I’d say go for it. Lisa said the 2 bathrooms alone would be enough for her to swap.  The shower on the main level would be much safer than the high tub for your MIL.  You would also have the tub for the kids to bathe in.  You are also steps from the lounge and the two stewards will be great. 

If you are going to give it a go, at that rate it is worth a try. You will quickly discover if you like it or not. I took my in-laws on Allure when we did it and we were allowed to keep the balcony divider open which was nice. Lisa said the only thing you might want to consider is do you feel comfortable sleeping in the loft and having the kids below. Owen was 6 when he slept below the first time. Just something to think about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It being RCI IT my math was off.  It was closer to $4k more.  When I called to pull the trigger I also learned there were not 2 side by side like the website was showing.  They are all mobile but in an ideal world there wouldn't be any stairs - but they can negotiate them if they had the room and they would appreciate the walk-in shower as opposed to the dangerous bath tub in the GS.  

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

It being RCI IT my math was off.  It was closer to $4k more.  When I called to pull the trigger I also learned there were not 2 side by side like the website was showing.  They are all mobile but in an ideal world there wouldn't be any stairs - but they can negotiate them if they had the room and they would appreciate the walk-in shower as opposed to the dangerous bath tub in the GS.  

Owner's Suite would give them a bath tub and a separate walk in shower with no stairs to a second level.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Owner's Suite would give them a bath tub and a separate walk in shower with no stairs to a second level.

Been in an OS and love it - in my opinion a far better suite than a CLS BUT on this particular sailing it is also far more expensive than a CLS.  To be clear a GS is a great suite - just looking to have a walk in shower for the older folks after the nasty slips we had in the very dangerous GS bathtubs.  If all else fails we'll bring some non slip bath mats from Bed Bath & Beyond next time.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 7:27 AM, Andy C said:

Been in an OS and love it - in my opinion a far better suite than a CLS BUT on this particular sailing it is also far more expensive than a CLS.  To be clear a GS is a great suite - just looking to have a walk in shower for the older folks after the nasty slips we had in the very dangerous GS bathtubs.  If all else fails we'll bring some non slip bath mats from Bed Bath & Beyond next time.  

We just did the owners suite on oasis, really nice but really did not need that huge room for just two people, bathtub is our only concern for grand suite which we normally book. 

On 12/24/2018 at 12:50 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t think so. 

We met a couple on Presidents Cruise staying in a GS. They were unable to get any early reservations for the CK. It was difficult if not impossible to get a seat in the SL during early hours of the cocktail hours.  This couple was not very happy with this situation.

We were never able to be seated at our reservation time. Once nearly an hour late. This is not the experience we were accustomed for a GS on Oasis Class. 

On some cruises, at different times of the year, the SL/CK is overwhelmed to the point it’s not possible to provide the expected service. 

The numbers in the SL/CK should be limited. 

The most expensive suites should get reserved priority seating in the SL then a first come first served basis afterwards.

As things stand now I would not be happy on Oasis class ship's paying for a GS or above and not be able to benefit fully the advertised benefits.

RCCL are my first choice even if more expensive than another cruiseline if the itinerary is where we want to go.

We are staying in Orlando in a couple of weeks say hi if you see us in the shopping outlets.

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Andy...did you eat at Wonderland?  If so, interested in your opinion.  Opinions vary here, but seems like the "average" opinion is that it's worth it once for the experience, not necessarily the food.

I agree with your assessment of Wonderland.  We went in November as part of the dining package — I think only $30 per person.  The experience was unique but I think a real picky eater might be disappointed.  Going again in January on Anthem.  If they assign us Wonderland as part of dining package for they first night we will go.  But otherwise we will not ask for dining there.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The most expensive suites should get reserved priority seating in the SL then a first come first served basis afterwards.

As things stand now I would not be happy on Oasis class ship's paying for a GS or above and not be able to benefit fully the advertised benefits.

RCCL are my first choice even if more expensive than another cruiseline if the itinerary is where we want to go.

We are staying in Orlando in a couple of weeks say hi if you see us in the shopping outlets.

Suite passengers should be contacted prior to arriving by the Concierge.  At that time they have the ability to select preferred dining venues and times.  Once the ship boards, the JS and Pinnacle passengers have the ability to book.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Suite passengers should be contacted prior to arriving by the Concierge.  At that time they have the ability to select preferred dining venues and times.  Once the ship boards, the JS and Pinnacle passengers have the ability to book.

Isnt that the way it is done on ships with CK? Have never had a problem getting 630 dining time in CK.

• Like 1