LIVE Suite Life Harmony Western December 16

Andy C

18 hours ago, jazzycitrine said:

Just wondering about tipping at Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.  Are they the same staff for the duration of the cruise?  Want to figure out if it is easier to tip at the end of the cruise.  

Also, I know different people will have different sense as to what is appropriate for tipping.  So this is not a question about what is right but what you do.  If you get decent service at Coastal Kitchen, how much do you tip?

Finally, the Indian cuisine looks delish!  So I suppose it is okay to mention that we would be interested for one of our evening meals.  Is there more we need to do?

THanks again!

It depends - I tipped everyone in CK that so much as poured us a glass of water or said good morning which was almost everyone.  The smallest tip I handed out was $20 and the largest was $150.  This of course is in addition to the automatic gratuities.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jazzycitrine said:

Just wondering about tipping at Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge.  Are they the same staff for the duration of the cruise?  Want to figure out if it is easier to tip at the end of the cruise.  

Also, I know different people will have different sense as to what is appropriate for tipping.  So this is not a question about what is right but what you do.  If you get decent service at Coastal Kitchen, how much do you tip?

Finally, the Indian cuisine looks delish!  So I suppose it is okay to mention that we would be interested for one of our evening meals.  Is there more we need to do?

THanks again!

we are not a pin, and always stay in a suite....we were fortunate to have the same waiter for all meals in CK (except of one evening, out waiter was the CK runner-but our "covering waiter was great)..we tipped the CK managers, bar tenders, waiters, concierges, chef-who gave us special meals/appys and deserts ....they ranged from $20, $50-$100...aside from the gratuities included ...none of which I believe go to CK/SL staff ....nothing is "required", but the staff there were great and made our cruise outstanding

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruiseLady88 said:

No extra tips then!

We did give him a nice extra tip.  He was a nice man with his own kids back home.  He brought some nice gifts for our boys one night.  On two occasions left his dusting rag behind and twice left two broken latex gloves.  We believe he was simply over-worked - or stretched too thin.  We didn't blame him; we blame RCI.  

On 12/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, Andy C said:

@sisocialworker was very unimpressed with the CLS he visited on this cruise. The climb up the stairs several times a day, the sheer curtain upstairs that lets light in, the night lights on the stairs that never turn off, the narrowness of the room, the small balcony, etc... Killed my interest in one. 

We did feel that the room was very narrow, but we were in an Aqua Suite at the time and those are awesome. 

On 12/22/2018 at 4:34 PM, A&L_Ont said:

CLS is great.  Two full bathrooms, steps to the SL/CK, and two cabin stewards having your cabin cleaned quicker. Also deck 17 has the glass doors which are locked and only guests with clearance cards can enter, that is if the deck 17 residents shut the doors behind him. 

Andy, sorry to sidetrack your review. LOL, obviously there is a difference in opinions on this one. 

My DH wasn’t at all interested in a CLS after we saw one until we were looking at options for our 2020 cruises. He saw that they are less expensive than the AS and so convenient to the SL. Now he wants to try one. I’m excited because I’ve wanted to try one for awhile. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I’m excited because I’ve wanted to try one for awhile. 

You will definitely find a new love with the CLS

We have sailed Oasis class 6 times....................One cruise was in an A4 (Never again) been there done that disappointed.

5 cruises in CLS, either L1 or L2.

I enjoy the L2 where the DH loves the L1

The privacy, the closeness to the suite lounge and CK.

Yea some nights we heard some aquatheatre noise in the L2, but it was done by 11pm.

Love the room, the two stories-- double bathrooms, and the view!!!

We will be sailing in these on our next two cruises.

Enjoy, we do.

Safe travels

3 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Agree with your comments. Sailed in our 1st Crown Loft in 2012. Since then have sailed in 25 Crown Lofts and 3 Star Lofts.

Have 5 Crown Lofts booked for 2019. We now prefer the L2 Lofts over the L1 Lofts.

What is the difference between L1 and L2?

5 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Thanks! We plan to book L1. 

From looking at a lot of the 2020-2021 departures, it appears they have combined the L1s and L2s and they all are all called L1s. 

Also looks like they have eliminated the A4 category and lumped them into the A3 category. 

mac_tlc

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

From looking at a lot of the 2020-2021 departures, it appears they have combined the L1s and L2s and they all are all called L1s. 

Also looks like they have eliminated the A4 category and lumped them into the A3 category. 

mac_tlc

Thanks! It’s always important to us to have a view of the ocean. We chose sailing dates based on Suite availability, although we also book far ahead so that isn’t usually an issue. 

3 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Thanks! It’s always important to us to have a view of the ocean. We chose sailing dates based on Suite availability, although we also book far ahead so that isn’t usually an issue. 

From my experience, although the most direct view of a L2 is as mentioned, you can still see the ocean. 

3 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

From my experience, although the most direct view of a L2 is as mentioned, you can still see the ocean. 

We have cruised less then a dozen times I believe, but have always cruised in aft suites.  Both times in Oasis class we were in 11330.  Great suite, greater view, lesser bathroom.  Don't think deck 12 and especially 14 is that great.  Oasis and Allure Deck 11-12-14 were redone "Secret Balconies"  Thought that is why the tubs were kind of not well planned.  Did Harmony and Symphony get it right ?  Wanted to try the CL this September on Allure but when SIL and BIL decided to join we got a 2 bdr. AQ.  I really don't mind the location, doesn't seem that far from the aft elevators to me and CK/SL is right above.  In all our small amount of cruising compared to some of you though, it seems it is quite private "back there".  Having 2 bathrooms is great.  We will get that in the 2 bdr AQ.  Norwegian's Escape has a terrific aft Penthouse Suite.  2nd 1/2 bath and on certain decks shower and tub face out the balcony w/ oceanview.    Regards, Gerry.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:34 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

P’s are mostly obvious as they wear Pins. Not all wear them but most do. 

The Pinacles that earned the status through traveling in balcony and Suite cabins over the years who really enjoy cruising and not the loosers that have figured out that life on board in a inside cabin is cheaper than in their little condo in Florida would not wear their pins at every occasion. These also wouldn't be the ones complaining about everything to get onboard credit for problems they created themselves and are so hated by the crews.

34 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

The Pinacles that earned the status through traveling in balcony and Suite cabins over the years who really enjoy cruising and not the loosers that have figured out that life on board in a inside cabin is cheaper than in their little condo in Florida would not wear their pins at every occasion. These also wouldn't be the ones complaining about everything to get onboard credit for problems they created themselves and are so hated by the crews.

You nailed it, I feel like I've learned so much. 

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Agree with your comments. Sailed in our 1st Crown Loft in 2012. Since then have sailed in 25 Crown Lofts and 3 Star Lofts.

Have 5 Crown Lofts booked for 2019. We now prefer the L2 Lofts over the L1 Lofts.

I think Sandy likes to people watch in the L2.  😉   Was surprised you had an L1 this last time.  Are you back in an L2 for our next cruise together?  

5 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I still thought your Aqua theater suite was pretty cool!  🙂  loved it, but Bucky is worried about noise on the balcony and vibration.  

Also interested in booking an L1 next time.  

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, TeeRick said:

Looking forward to your comments about the suite experience on a regular cruise rather than the President's cruise.  We are on Harmony in a Crown Loft on January 13th.

We are on the Harmony in a crown loft Jan 6th.  Looking forward to a great suite!

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I think Sandy likes to people watch in the L2.  😉   Was surprised you had an L1 this last time.  Are you back in an L2 for our next cruise together?  

Next 5 are in #1722. For December the L1 Crown Lofts were cheaper then the L2 Crown Lofts when we booked.

On 12/25/2018 at 6:48 PM, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

I saw this as well but I  wonder if this is an IT glitch or is RC testing the market.  Why would someone pay the same for a L2 and L1?