NCL Sky to Cuba Problems?

gail-s

One of my girlfriends is on the Sky and flipping out about all the problems they’re having. Not going to Cuba, boat shaking, rattling and smelling like sewage. I couldn’t find any previous posts.  Has anyone heard anything?

17 minutes ago, gail-s said:

One of my girlfriends is on the Sky and flipping out about all the problems they’re having. Not going to Cuba, boat shaking, rattling and smelling like sewage. I couldn’t find any previous posts.  Has anyone heard anything?

I just checked The Sky's web cam, She is currently docked in Cuba.  They have been in some rough weather in the last week or so.

Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had. This was my first, and most definitely my last cruise with Norwegian. 

The ship smelled awful. Sewage smells throughout the ship. The elevators smelled like rotten sauerkraut. Disgusting! 

The ship was constantly vibrating. My mom said it felt like someone was kicking her bed all night. 

First stop in Great Stirrup Key was canceled due to sea conditions. Ok, no problem, better safe than sorry. 

When I booked, we were in Cuba for 24 hours - noon on 12/24 until noon on 12/25. Then they changed the itinerary to leave at 6 am on 12/25. Ok, whatever. Not what I booked, but I'll still have a good amount of time in Havana. Then we're told we won't get into Havana until 4:30 PM. WHAT???? Depending on who you talked to, it was either a problem on shore or a problem on shore. God forbid they are actually honest about the fact there was a problem with our ship. Their insincere response to the passengers incited a riot at guest services. 

It never really got any better from there. Worst cruise line with the worst customer service. 

Never again. Not even if it were free. 

• Like 1

Agreed that it was the worst cruise experience ever. Aging, tired ship that should have been retired years ago. Missed Stirrup Cay, allegedly due to winds. Why don’t they have a plan B when winds prevent a tender?  Delayed by hours to

Havana for “technical reasons,” where our 24 hour port call turned into a few hours of walking around in the dark. The captain and cruise director were nowhere to be found, and guest services apparently is trained to just say no in the face of hundreds of irate passengers, who almost caused a mutiny. Our request for free internet so we could cancel our Havana tour was denied.  We were stuck on the ship for most of the cruise with very little to do. Sewage smells prevented us from using our balcony.  The nightclub also had horrible odors and no ventilation. Many bathrooms throughout the ship were out of order. Ditto for the treadmills at the minuscule fitness center. Terrible vacation and definitely will not be using the “25% off your next Norwegian Cruise,” which was the sum total of what Norwegian offered to compensate us for this mess. Never again. 

Was a passenger on this ship for this cruise.  As for a “Merry Christmas” cruise it wasn’t MERRY at all.   I feel most passengers felt the same way.  The majority of the cruise was spent onboard at sea as the ports of call were shortened drastically or not gone to at all.  The “technical problems” with the ship started in the middle of the night as the whole ship was shuddering, shaking and slightly listing.  Amazing that The cruise line didn’t bring the ship back to Miami, apologize, compensate passengers with another cruise of equal value and repair the ship.  Instead, really the longest port of call was Nassau, which was to be the shortest.  Not one passenger was prepared for that.  Needless to say, the poor guest services people had so many irate and angry passengers to deal with, and it seemed no help was given to them for upper management or even the captain.  The only officers in white we saw were housekeeping officers.  They had no answers for anyone.  Truly a bad situation for a cruise that was handled so badly and really gave Norwegian a irreputable name.  I am sure if the situation was handled with more compassion and better business sense, Norwegian wouldn’t have possibly lost passengers from this cruise or possibly gotten a bad review.

When did you find out Cuba port was to be cut short? Was there another ship in port at the same time? I've booked on March & paid a higher fare because we are to be in Cuba for a longer time than any other cruise scheduled. We were cut short last April when we went & it appeared to be due to a port scheduling problem

VICTORY2020 We were notified in September 2018 that the ship would not be in Cuba for the 24 hour period.  It would leave at 6:00am on the second day instead of 12 noon, cutting the time in Cuba by 6 hours.  Unfortunately, this was done after all payments had to be made in full.  Thereby, no full refund was available unless you purchased the highest travel insurance available and even then there were some restrictions.  Since we were lead to believe by purchasing the regular insurance we would be okay, we were out of luck and would only be able to get part of our money back.