Packing Question

stleda124

56 minutes ago, stleda124 said:

I am wanting to bring my 25lb weighted blanket with me. I just got it for Christmas and since then...I have never slept better...in my life. I just want to be sure it will not be confiscated.

Thank you!

No weight restrictions on luggage.

15 hours ago, stleda124 said:

I have never slept better...in my life.

I have read about weighted blankets for sleep, anxiety, etc. issues in adults.

I have considered trying a 10 pound one (I am 5' 1.5", 105 pounds) but wonder if it might feel too heavy or hot as I am a warm sleeper.

I would be most appreciative for any tips, etc. :classic_smile:

Edited by Bookish Angel

On 12/28/2018 at 9:54 AM, Bookish Angel said:

I have read about weighted blankets for sleep, anxiety, etc. issues in adults.

I have considered trying a 10 pound one (I am 5' 1.5", 105 pounds) but wonder if it might feel too heavy or hot as I am a warm sleeper.

I would be most appreciative for any tips, etc. :classic_smile:

I am 5'9" and 145lbs and I sleep with a 25lb one. It is recommended 8-15% of your body weight so mine is a little high but I can honestly say, I have never slept better. I recommend it to everyone now regardless of anxiety etc. Just for sleep alone it is amazing. The only time I realize it's a little heavy is when I'm trying to lay it out on me in the beginning, other than that it's perfect so 10lbs would be nothing. 

2 hours ago, stleda124 said:

I am 5'9" and 145lbs and I sleep with a 25lb one. It is recommended 8-15% of your body weight so mine is a little high but I can honestly say, I have never slept better. I recommend it to everyone now regardless of anxiety etc. Just for sleep alone it is amazing. The only time I realize it's a little heavy is when I'm trying to lay it out on me in the beginning, other than that it's perfect so 10lbs would be nothing. 

Thanks so much for this info.  I am definitely going to order one when back from vacation in January.  If I find that the 10 pound is not sufficient, I can exchange it for a heavier and/or bigger blanket.

My friend who works as a physical therapist with elderly patients (some with dementia) feels weighted blankets help many of her patients.

8 minutes ago, stleda124 said:

Hopefully something that blocks unhelpful comments that spam threads such as yours.

I don't think she was being facetious .   I think it was just an "hmmm" comment.   I actually just learned about these blankets a few weeks ago and was also in awe.  Have a great cruise!!!! 

15 hours ago, stleda124 said:

Hopefully something that blocks unhelpful comments that spam threads such as yours.

And your comment helps how???????????

Edited by SRF