Laundry Question

mcase131

HI, 

We will be cruising back to back cruises this January on Serenade of the Seas.  I was wondering what people do about their laundry.  The last time, I sent out my laundry on the 2nd part of the cruise and I did not get it back until a day before the end of the cruise.  That did not help the situation.  Has anyone left the the ship and have gone to a laundry mat.  If so let me know.  We dock in Fort Lauderdale.  

Thanks 

They should offer you a wash & fold bag sometime during each cruise.  Speak to your stateroom attendant, you can usually get that on demand.  Also ask about turnaround time.  For example, on one cruise we were told if we filled the bag in the morning, we would get it back by 5pm the next day.  However if we filled the bag in the evening, it would be back by 5pm in two days.  Each ship might be different, so it's important to ask.

Southport Coin Laundry is less then 3 miles away. Might be cheaper to just grab an Uber and go do your own laundry. You would have your clothes back right away, plus have control over how hot the dryer is for your more shrinkable items!

Southport Coin Laundry-Cleaner, 1063 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

• Like 1

Thanks for asking this question. I'm on the Vision OTS next Aug and with airline baggage fees am trying to figure out how I am going to vacation for 19 days in one suitcase. Maybe laundry on the ship is the best way to go. And lots of sundresses. 🙂

I use the stuff-a-bag wash & fold bag, plus I wash some things in the sink.  The shower gel is an excellent soap for doing hand laundry.

On ONE cruise, I did go to a local laundromat, but I was already renting a car to take my daughter to the airport, as she was not continuing on with me.

Keep in mind that the wash and stuff bag for $30 or $35 is for T-shirts, underwear, socks, etc. You cannot use for “dress clothes.”

Laundry and dry cleaning prices per item are not that bad. They are less than I pay at home; usually 24 hour service.  I prefer to wash a few things in the sink and hang to dry. You need to pack clothing that washes and dries easily. 

We do rinse things out.

I wear Buck Naked underwear from Duluth Trading Company.  I could cruise with a max of 2.  As if I wash it out in the evening, it is dry by morning.  So 2 would cover me worst case.

We will see how it goes this spring, 12 night cruise, versus our previous 9 nighters.