Pullman Bed on Explorer of the Seas

Hello,

I was wondering if the pullman bed on EOS is always over the main bed?  I am sure my children will fall off as both of them move around a lot in their sleep and the rail looks tiny.  The room we are interested in does not appear to have a sofa bed, so the pullman is the only official option.  Are there bigger rails available to keep a person from falling off?  Is the sofa big enough for an adult size person to sleep on for a week?  I guess we could bring an air mattress for the floor but that seems like a lot of effort.

I have a suggestion for you that should work for a railing because it works for my daughter and her bunkbed in college. She takes a swimming pool noodle and cuts it to the length of her bed and put it under her bed sheet so it acts as a railing for her. It may sound weird, but it works 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 1:27 AM, Grenouille21 said:

Hello,

I was wondering if the pullman bed on EOS is always over the main bed?  I am sure my children will fall off as both of them move around a lot in their sleep and the rail looks tiny.  The room we are interested in does not appear to have a sofa bed, so the pullman is the only official option.  Are there bigger rails available to keep a person from falling off?  Is the sofa big enough for an adult size person to sleep on for a week?  I guess we could bring an air mattress for the floor but that seems like a lot of effort.

Just talk to the cabin steward, they can make a bumper the rest of the length of the mattress by putting a rolled blanket under the bottom sheet.  

• Like 1

You could always put the adults in the Pullmans and the kids on the regular twins, if it's such a concern.  

You could also just bring inflatable pool floaties for the kids to sleep on -- the steward could make them up with linens every evening, and you could lean them against the wall during the daytime for more space in the room.  

We just sailed on Explorer in a room with a Pullman bed. Yes, it is directly over the main bed ( careful you don’t whack your head when you sit up in bed!).

The couch in the room we had was tiny, definitely not suitable to sleep on.

That being said, we had a wonderful cruise as I’m sure you will too :).