Emerald Princess E415 / E701

datone

I am looking at booking either of these cabins for an upcoming cruise.   Both are classifed as Ocean View obstructed but seem to have great views with very little obstruction.   What I am wanting to know is if the beds are under the window or against the wall?   If anyone has any info on either of these cabins it would be appreciated.   Thanks.

E415 Looking Straight Out:

image.png.f5ce07c3a11a111f9c9b4f3ec4728113.png

E415 Looking Aft:

image.png.fe7cf9d6a156529086e582ce598a157d.png

E701 Looking Down:

image.png.e5c2249225010977a35408d800df1187.png

E701 Looking Straight Out

image.png.33d69908ed2ccb3d73726a3582527e80.png

Sorry. No idea about the beds but probably under the window. Hopefully someone will know for certain. (I would prefer to have the bed not be under the window but I "believe" it's the most common configuration. I could well be wrong of course.

Edited by Thrak

27 minutes ago, datone said:

I am looking at booking either of these cabins for an upcoming cruise.   Both are classifed as Ocean View obstructed but seem to have great views with very little obstruction.   What I am wanting to know is if the beds are under the window or against the wall?   If anyone has any info on either of these cabins it would be appreciated.   Thanks.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, datone said:

We recently stayed in E415. We never could figure why it was labelled partial obst. There is a chair by the window and my husband sat there every day. The  bed is against the wall to your left. We really enjoyed that room. We were booked fora B2B cruised and had we not been offered an upsell to a balcony for our 15 day Hawaii cruise we wouldn't have minded staying there. You are close to the elevators, but don't hear the noise, convenient to all the main areas a deck below. Go for it!

Penny

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, Desert Kitty said:

We recently stayed in E415. We never could figure why it was labelled partial obst. There is a chair by the window and my husband sat there every day. The  bed is against the wall to your left. We really enjoyed that room. We were booked fora B2B cruised and had we not been offered an upsell to a balcony for our 15 day Hawaii cruise we wouldn't have minded staying there. You are close to the elevators, but don't hear the noise, convenient to all the main areas a deck below. Go for it!

Penny

We are booked in this cabin next May - thanks for sharing info about the cabin. I was hoping we made a right choice and it looks like we did :)  Do you recall if being right by the lifts was an issue such as noise?  Thanks

8 hours ago, Kennact said:

We are booked in this cabin next May - thanks for sharing info about the cabin. I was hoping we made a right choice and it looks like we did 🙂 Do you recall if being right by the lifts was an issue such as noise?  Thanks

Kennact,

we did not hear any elevator noise, but later in the evening the party people were noisy coming down our hallway. We were on an itinerary where younger people were in abundance verses  the longer cruises  that attracts the 60-80 y/o.

Penny

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desert Kitty said:

Kennact,

we did not hear any elevator noise, but later in the evening the party people were noisy coming down our hallway. We were on an itinerary where younger people were in abundance verses  the longer cruises  that attracts the 60-80 y/o.

Penny

Thank-you Penny!

Looking for info on the Sapphire E401 from anyone who has stayed in this cabin.  I noticed it says it can accomdate an extra 3rd and 4th.  Does this mean it has those protruding flip down bunk beds?
Please help!

Cruise Deck Plans has pics of four-person cabins 325 (two doors down from 401) and 519 (with a specific annotated photo of the ceiling) -- these show that the heads of the beds are on the window wall and the extra beds are pullmans that fold flush into the ceiling and not bunks that protrude from the side walls.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, datone said:

Stay in e701 when I book with do not upgrade on form.  Great view, window is situated closer to the floor than full ocean view and the bed is against the wall out of the way.  We do Alaska quite often and I can sit in a chair and see out the window.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Cruise Deck Plans has pics of four-person cabins 325 (two doors down from 401) and 519 (with a specific annotated photo of the ceiling) -- these show that the heads of the beds are on the window wall and the extra beds are pullmans that fold flush into the ceiling and not bunks that protrude from the side walls.

Well that's better.  I kinda knew the beds were under the window, but we had friends that had protruding bunks on either side of the bed and kept bumping into them!