Margaritaville on the Breakaway

PJDH4

7 minutes ago, suzyaz said:

Somewhere I read that they serve breakfast on Breakaway at Margaritaville and it's not as crowded.
Can anyone tell me more about if this is true or not?  And is it a extra cost for breakfast there? 

I can't speak for the Getaway, but if it is the same as the Escape, it's basically just an outside extension of the indoor buffet. It is the same options as the indoor buffet with no special menu. There is no additional charge for it. If you have been on a ship with a Great Outdoors area, it's very similar to the breakfast buffet offered there.

We were on Breakaway in December. Complimentary breakfast at Margaritaville - a small buffet with breakfast standards like eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal, pastries. It was quiet and uncrowded, with gorgeous views of the ocean! Open for lunch 12-5 with a $14.95pp charge for 1 app, 1 entree, 1 dessert, as stated above. There were also a la carte apps available at the bar. If I remember right, nachos were $8, pretzels sticks and chips & salsa were $3. 

And - drinks from the bar are included with your UBP! We love to hang out at Spice H2O and pop into Margaritaville for drinks.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 3:08 PM, Granny DI said:

We had the free Haven lunch after we boarded the ship in New Orleans. We enjoyed it but IMHO it’s not worth the $15 cover charge. 

Do you mean Haven guests could eat there free on the first day?  We are in Haven, but do not have the dining package.  I'd like to try Margaritaville, but not enough to pay $15 for food when there are better options.  Can you use ultimate drink package for a Margarita there?  Could you clarify your comment?  Thanks!

Edited by cruising7

Margaritaville is free for Haven guests only on the first day for lunch. I think it’s available until 3. We dropped off our bags in our cabin and headed to Margaritaville. It was perfect for the first meal on the cruise. There was no way we were going to the “trough” aka buffet. If you order a drink you will have to pay tax if the ship is still docked. It wasn’t much.

• Like 1