Just off The Glory

sapphire_407

I'm not one for long reviews so I'll be brief.  This was our 16th Carnival cruise and we had a great time.  Half Moon Cay,  what can you say about the beaches in the Bahamas?  The water is  as clear as a bell,  just beautiful.   The port in Amber Cover was a big surprise.  We were there years ago and there was nothing.  Now there is a big resort style swimming pool area that has everything you need from chair and raft rentals to a lot of good food prepared by Carnival.  It's quite beautiful really.  Mountains all around and the pool itself has a nice design.  It was a good day.

Speaking of food, we made it to the dining room 3 times.  ( We can be lazy).  The food was very good, and it's also very good on the Lido deck.  On the first elegant night I had fried oysters for an appetizer and it was probably one of the best appetizers I've had on Carnival.  Prepared perfectly and so delicious.  On the other hand one of the worst things I've had was a falafel sandwich from the deli.  Cold and tasteless.  Just don't.  Everything else in the deli looked good.   

Guys hamburgers are the best hamburgers I've ever had in my life and I'm not even a burger person.  Had three this trip.  Also tried breakfast at the burrito bar and that was very good too.  Had Huevos Rancheros at the Sea Day Brunch and they were wonderful.  Honestly. Didn't have a bad meal this trip.

There is live music,  The Hispaniola Band.  Latin music and wow are they ever good.  Stop by the Ivory Club and just watch them for awhile. I couldn't understand a word they sang but they were fantastic musicians and deserve a better stage than a cruise ship.  

They are charging for room service food.   Around 5 dollars a dish, sandwich, or whatever you order.  It's slightly annoying but at least they have a better selection now. 

That's it, all in all good cruise.  I think the food is getting better and that's always a good thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, James4me said:

I thought that Carnival discontinued the room service charge?

I'll answer. With the exception of continental breakfast the new menu was to have prices for all food and beverage. Carnival has suspended the roll out for that menu for now. They are reviewing it. The current menu has had up charges for some of the menu items for a couple of years now like chicken wings and this remains as before. Also, there remains a service charge for deliveries made between 10pm and (I believe) 5am. 

If the OP had the new menu, and I haven't read that it was ever distributed, then this would be news. 

Edited by sanmarcosman

Great info in your review! We have a group going in a few weeks and glad to see info about Amber Cove. This will be my 10th Cruise, so don’t have many questions, but since I’m sharing a cabin with a friend, the safe matters. Is it opened with card or keypad? I’ve learned on previous cruises that if it opens with a card, hotel room keys work! I don’t like having my cc with me every where I go, so this is a great work-around!!

7 hours ago, CruiserFromTheRock said:

Great info in your review! We have a group going in a few weeks and glad to see info about Amber Cove. This will be my 10th Cruise, so don’t have many questions, but since I’m sharing a cabin with a friend, the safe matters. Is it opened with card or keypad? I’ve learned on previous cruises that if it opens with a card, hotel room keys work! I don’t like having my cc with me every where I go, so this is a great work-around!!

On our December Glory cruise the safe in our cabin used a CC, our friend was in the next cabin and his had a keypad, so I guess it could be either.

11 hours ago, CruiserFromTheRock said:

just take an empty gift card, iTunes or target or anything! that's what we do!