Sail and Sign question . . .

lacy1101

We are traveling with our two adult children and their guests.  Husband and I are putting down cash for our Sail and Sign.  Our son has Cheers and doesn't really expect to spend much, if anything, on the ship so doesn't really want to use cash for his, but doesn't have a credit card.  I attached one our credit cards to his account, but just read that he must be an authorized signer on that card?  Do they really check that?

I don't believe that they check it.  We have added our credit card to our adult son and his gf and have never had a problem.

Never really thought that it would be an issue.  Guess I never read the fine print. 

Well, I just printed our boarding passes, etc. and included with his is a Letter of Authorization for Use of Credit Card by Third Party/Guest.  However, it says that it only needs to be completed if the credit card used when completing online check-in does not belong to any guest traveling on the sailing and must be completed by the non-sailing credit card holder.  Since husband and I are sailing with him I assume it does not need to be filled out.  Am I safe to assume that?  Just don't want any unforeseen issues . . . thanks!

Edited by lacy1101

9 minutes ago, lacy1101 said:

Well, I just printed our boarding passes, etc. and included with his is a Letter of Authorization for Use of Credit Card by Third Party/Guest.  However, it says that it only needs to be completed if the credit card used when completing online check-in does not belong to any guest traveling on the sailing and must be completed by the non-sailing credit card holder.  Since husband and I are sailing with him I assume it does not need to be filled out.  Am I safe to assume that?  Just don't want any unforeseen issues . . . thanks!

It won't be a problem unless you try to contest any charges he makes.  

My husband is NOT an authorized user of my credit card but he always uses it on the ship.

You are the one who will authorize your son to use your card by adding his name when you set up your account with your credit card.

Have you all prepaid your gratuities?? If not then they will be added on to your account during the cruise and that will be one of the charges on your card.

Edited by riffatsea

Husband and I are using cash for our Sign and Sail. We just attached our credit card to his Sign and Sail because he doesn’t have one and doesn’t want to tie up his cash because he doesn’t expect to spend hardly anything onboard. And we have prepaid our gratuities. 

13 minutes ago, lacy1101 said:

Husband and I are using cash for our Sign and Sail. We just attached our credit card to his Sign and Sail because he doesn’t have one and doesn’t want to tie up his cash because he doesn’t expect to spend hardly anything onboard. And we have prepaid our gratuities. 

You should be fine, since he already has the Cheers package. One year, back in 2002, our 2 adult daughters ran up a $2,000 bar bill on our account! I really don’t know how 2 girls in their 20s could have drank that much, unless they were buying rounds for others. Crazy.

I don't have a credit card -never have had one, and never will..

In eleven 11 Carnival cruises,

all I've ever done is deposit a few hundred dollars cash

and spent accordingly.

You do not have to own a credit card

to facilitate your Sail & Sign onboard account.

As for your question.... Your husband can list who he authorizes to pay charges for on his card...whether same cabin or separate. Did this numerous times when sailing with my children and they were in separate cabins.  As for whether you want to or not....thats another question. LOL. I too have been surprised at end of cruise...however its easy to check your portfolio charge activity daily on the TV in your room so you can end it quickly!!