How to file a formal complaint with ncl?

hollytown

3 minutes ago, hollytown said:

No, you did not understand correctly. I started the complaint after he final payment date which was July. We sailed on Oct.  I apologize that I didn't write in paragraphs, I was trying to hurry. I actually apologize that I even posted anything at all. All I was asking if anyone had contact numbers. I thought I would include the situation so I didn't have to answer a lot of questions. That was incorrect on my part obviously.

I have stated this before... I want my obc that incl said they would honor back on my credit card. As far as the compensation I was never told what that would be. That's another reason why I had to call repeatedly trying to get someone who could tell me something. I was offered that by ncl. I didn't request it. And it was because of the amount of time I had to spend just to find out when we were even flying out much less getting back. This was a huge deal for me because I work 2 jobs and run a small business. A little over 2 weeks before sail date to find out was a big issue. Now I'm assuming the only thing they could do now is on my next cruise I already had booked with them is give me the compensation then

ok, that is fair to expect the OBC on your next cruise. Now, again you typed your reply all in one paragraph. Good luck with getting the OBC. I am sure it will work out.

1 minute ago, PegNRay said:

Chris Elliot has a travel advice column in our Sunday paper. His website list contacts for companies when you have a travel issue/complaint. The link for NCL is:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

You may want to try some of the contacts he has listed.

Good luck!

Great! Thanks for the info. 

Success for me.

After repeated phone calls, I found a gentleman at customer service who solved my problem in less than 10 minutes.

I started the conversation by saying "I don't want to yell at you, but I'm frustrated." I told my story briefly-3 sentences and let him work his magic.

I asked for his name and personal extension in case I ever needed him again, but he would only say he was Dave and didn't have a direct phone number.

Persistence pays off.

13 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

Success for me.

After repeated phone calls, I found a gentleman at customer service who solved my problem in less than 10 minutes.

I started the conversation by saying "I don't want to yell at you, but I'm frustrated." I told my story briefly-3 sentences and let him work his magic.

I asked for his name and personal extension in case I ever needed him again, but he would only say he was Dave and didn't have a direct phone number.

Persistence pays off.

The last several times I've called, I don't tell them the story at all. I just say read the notes. Lol.the majority of the reps I've talked to have said I never should've had to go thru all that mess, but unfortunately I keep getting passed around and no one can do anything, they always have to refer to a supervisor and there is never one available. You are right tho, persistence does pay off.  Glad you got your issues resolved. I most definitely will keep trying

I hope it all works out for the OP.  But I am confused. I am the first to cry fowl if a customer is mistreated.  However can someone explain to me what NCL did wrong?  I keep trying to find something that would make me feel sympathetic to the OP so I can jump in his camp.  IMHO, in the OP's own words explains to me what a fantastic job NCL did.  NCL booked the flights.  OP did not like the flights and NCL changed the flights.  NCL got him to the port on time.  NCL provided accurate insurance information (even though there was a misunderstanding).  NCL had to cancel a port due to maintenance (happens all the time).  NCL gives OP $100 then changed to $200 which may have been a mistake.  NCL states in writing they will give him the $100 refund on his bill.  NCL was not obligated to give any OBC yet the OP got $200.

Can someone please tell me what NCL did wrong or why compensation should be given.  If you write a letter to a company asking for compensation, you should be able to articulate why.  My 2 cents.  What am I missing?

Good grief.   This is an unclear,  narrative.   Some of the "complaints",  have NO proof and can also be denied by NCL.   I don't get the credit card claim?   IF you got the "credit",  simply divide it up and do what you want with it yourself?   (unclear, to me,  since I'm likely missing something?)  

Was the flight changed before you left?   Then problem solved.   for any "claim" of you being owed something-   then where is the PROOF,  in writing?   

6 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Good grief.   This is an unclear,  narrative.   Some of the "complaints",  have NO proof and can also be denied by NCL.   I don't get the credit card claim?   IF you got the "credit",  simply divide it up and do what you want with it yourself?   (unclear, to me,  since I'm likely missing something?)  

Was the flight changed before you left?   Then problem solved.   for any "claim" of you being owed something-   then where is the PROOF,  in writing?   

Don't worry about it. I'm done with this board. Have a good day

2 hours ago, david_sobe said:

I hope it all works out for the OP.  But I am confused. I am the first to cry fowl if a customer is mistreated.  However can someone explain to me what NCL did wrong?  I keep trying to find something that would make me feel sympathetic to the OP so I can jump in his camp.  IMHO, in the OP's own words explains to me what a fantastic job NCL did.  NCL booked the flights.  OP did not like the flights and NCL changed the flights.  NCL got him to the port on time.  NCL provided accurate insurance information (even though there was a misunderstanding).  NCL had to cancel a port due to maintenance (happens all the time).  NCL gives OP $100 then changed to $200 which may have been a mistake.  NCL states in writing they will give him the $100 refund on his bill.  NCL was not obligated to give any OBC yet the OP got $200.

Can someone please tell me what NCL did wrong or why compensation should be given.  If you write a letter to a company asking for compensation, you should be able to articulate why.  My 2 cents.  What am I missing?

As far as writing a letter, this has been done already and they understand at ncl what the problem was and what was suppose to have been done.  The reason for the next level complaint is because I can not get any answers from ncl on what will be done and when  I am confused as to why you keep harassing me on this. You do not have the information that  I was asking for, so can you just let it go? I don't need you to be sympathetic for me.

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

This thread made me laugh...how much $$$ was the OP looking for? Somethings are just better off letting go.

I'm glad you find it funny. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine on letting it go. Thank you.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:49 PM, hollytown said:

That is perfect! Yes, I do have a Twitter account. Thank you! The reason I even put so much info on here was because I have seen in other post how people always want the whole story. Thank you for taking the time to read it and for your suggestion. It's much appreciated

People here follow the general rule of internet forums: debate what's been posted. Pro and con. So you see a lot of that here, and it's just the nature of the place. It's easy to debate and go back and forth when it's someone else's problem, but it's a lot harder to see the debate if you are the one in the middle of the problem!

Tweets get a lot of attention by companies, and some even do support via Twitter now. So it's a good thing to think of when you want to cut through the bureaucracy and get things moving.

2 hours ago, hollytown said:

I'm glad you find it funny. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine on letting it go. Thank you.

Best of luck....seriously, what are you looking for?  I hope you get some satisfaction..