Nieuw Statendam Inside Cabins

the2ofus

Hal has two grades of insides. Standard and Large. 

The large will have a couch (ette) or loveseat in the older ships. The standard will not. 

As a solo myself, I always compare cabin classes. I regularly see the HH (fully obstructed outside) priced less or almost the same as the large inside. 

I-8092 and I-8109 are bigger than the normal inside cabin, but may be noisy due to the location under the Lido.  I am going by the report on 8092 from the Koningsdam.  We had 8092 booked, but moved down a deck to avoid the Lido noise.  

Just checked some deck plans.

I am not seeing any 'Large' interiors listed?

Except for what I am seeing as a Large Interior Spa stateroom on the Spa deck.

I am seeing some interior staterooms, mid-ship, with a slightly different, more square, shape.

The door on some of these staterooms  is off the little hallway that runs horizontally, between the main port and starboard hallways.

I am not sure if they might be a bit bigger, or better, than the standard rectangular staterooms?

I am not seeing any photos or reviews on the deck plan web-site that I am looking at.

But it seems that on the Koningsdam, these are mentioned as being larger interiors, maybe with the loveseat?

1123 and 1111. 1128 and 1115

4104 and 4115...

5108 and 5129

6112 and 6127

7104 and 7095

8192 and 8109

Edited by Wishing on a star

That should be 8092, not 8192 listed in my post above.  Sorry!!!

Okay...  on the K,  I am seeing a few photos.

These are larger cabins.  

Not sure if this is exactly the same on the NS...

A photo of one of the ones on the main deck does not show a sofa.

A photo of one of these on deck 8 DOES show a sofa....  With the sofa, it is very tight,  It is alongside the bed, so if you are sitting on the sofa your knees would almost be touching the side of the bed.   So, in that photo, It does not seem to be 'open', where there could be any kind of little table in front of the sofa.

Hey, I found the photos of that cabin...  halfacts. pinnacle class 11058

Tiny room, but the small square window...

We are talking about the select few insides that are different/bigger.

I have seen a very few photos from the K,  but not sure about the NS if any of these cabins have the little sofa.

It is even possible that the little sofas have been removed from these few cabins on the K.

NS does. have the solo OV cabins...  But they all seem to be on Main Deck, forward, under the World Stage.

Not sure of the pricing, or if the location would pose an issue.

21 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

OVgirl....

In the photo that I have seen, the sofa is situated beside, and facing, the bed.

No way it could be pulled out....  Not unless staff actually rearranged furniture.

I am not sure, with HAL, if one can tell which berths are pull-downs and which are pull out sofas????

It is common that the couch seat flips over to form a single bed in this configuration.  It's sometimes referred to as a switchblade couch.

We had an Inside Spa Stateroom, Panorama Deck (10) on the Nieuw Statendam.  It is small but after a few days the size didn't matter at all.  It is a perfectly located area close to Spa and the New York Deli and of course the Lido.  It does not have a couch or a chair, but the shower is superb.  If we were in this category on the same deck I would be happy.  Previously we were in one of the Outside Spa cabins, they face Forward, and they are enormous.  

When looking at the deck plans I notice Cat. I cabins on each deck, midship, maybe two or three  on each deck that appear larger.  Check the HAL Facts website and you may see some photos.

By the way the Nieuw Statendam is a excellent choice.  Enjoy!

On 1/31/2019 at 4:45 AM, SeaTheW0rld said:

Hal has two grades of insides. Standard and Large. 

The large will have a couch (ette) or loveseat in the older ships. The standard will not. 

As a solo myself, I always compare cabin classes. I regularly see the HH (fully obstructed outside) priced less or almost the same as the large inside. 

Is the lack of the large inside category unique to Niew Statendam? 

Sorry I posted that in error, btw. One of my favorite things about Hal is the "bigger than a breadbox" insides. 

I spent 7 days on the NS in Jan in cabin L5188. I wish I had taken photos but didn't think of it. I was traveling with my cousin so it was set up as 2 single beds. I had the bed against the wall and there was very little space between the beds and storing my luggage was a bit of a problem. There is a drawer under the beds that was full of extra blankets/pillows. I put my suitcase in the corner and it was fine. The other bed had plenty of room. We each had a nightstand with drawers and there was a vanity with a chair and mirror that was great for putting on make up. No couch. A nice size bathroom with large shower.  Nice closet with plenty of space to hang/put away our clothes. There was a total of 6 drawers (plus the ones in the nightstand).  If I was traveling solo I would be pleased with the amount of space. If I did it again as a double I would call dibs on the outside bed. Lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I checked with my PCC and found that K11057 on NS is available for both of my scheduled Nieuw Statendam cruises.  I will let you know how I like it after the first cruise.  BTW, the cost was almost the same as the L guarantee.

17 hours ago, the2ofus said:

Thank you all for your suggestions.  I checked with my PCC and found that K11057 on NS is available for both of my scheduled Nieuw Statendam cruises.  I will let you know how I like it after the first cruise.  BTW, the cost was almost the same as the L guarantee.

Also travel solo here and location is more important than room size. K11057/58 are close to Crow's Nest, and a good cappuccino fix, with coffee bar moved there on the newer HAL ships. Quick access to Lido deck. Plus a great view with only a few steps outside. Be certain that you are okay with the extra motion up high and forward. 

Cruise4food says "Be certain that you are okay with the extra motion up high and forward."

I appreciate your comment.  I gave that some thought, but so far in my life I have withstood the motion of the ocean just fine, so I'm going to give it a try.  The second NS cruise is far enough into 2020 that I'm sure I'll be able to switch to another cabin if I discover I don't like it.  I'll be watching these boards to see what comments other people have re: those cabins.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:59 AM, Wishing on a star said:

This ship has 'SOLO' cabins for one.

I think they have Solo Ocean View.

Have you considered this type of cabin?

I looked at the solo cabins for my upcoming cruise. Since they had an ocean view, they were more expensive than a normal interior. And if I remember correctly they have a smaller footprint. Plus they were on a lower deck all the way forward.

We are traveling on the NS over Thanksgiving and trying an inside cabin for the first time.  On previous cruises we've tried everything from an Oceanview to a Neptune Suite.  We are booked in cabin I-6112.  What I learned is that if you look at this cabin on the deck plan (and a few others) you will see a small circle.  According to the legend of these symbols the circle means it's a triple room.  According to my PCC it should have a loveseat in the cabin.  Hoping that someone between now and November will be able to get pictures.  We don't spend much time in the cabin and it's only a 7 day cruise so we'll see what happens!

Helen 

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get pictures of 1111 on Nieuw Statendam on turn around day. looks like decent amount of floor space in this room.

Dont know anything about this stateroom. I've also sent these a a couple more cabins to the site. With facts about HAL.

20190217_084044.jpg

20190217_084135.jpg

20190217_084102.jpg

20190217_084124.jpg

20190217_084049.jpg

20190217_084111.jpg

Edited by OVgirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1