LIVE Norwegian Bliss February 2-9, 2019

twisterfreak2280

Good Morning!  

Ended up going to bed early last night after a rough sleep the night before. 12575 is a very quiet room!  The only noise you really hear is the hallway doors. You have no neighbours on either side of you and the studio lounge below you. 

We had some rain last night so my laser tag was cancelled. We have some swells on the ocean this morning but nothing too bad. We look like we’re sailing into a weather front though. My goal today is to take a bunch of photos when I’m not taking part of one of my pre-scheduled activities. I also have go-karts today so I’m excited about that!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Your pictures are great!  Could you post a picture of Bliss's updated Cagney's menu?

(We have heard of price increases.)    Thanks, and have a great time 🙂

I’ll try to get a photo today for you. I even forgot to take a photo of my food last night lol

32 minutes ago, familycruzer said:

Can you please tell me if the cabins doors are metal? I am curious what I need to pack to hang my valentines door sign next week. 

Oh and bring the Bliss back safe and on time 

I had heard that it was but I didn’t bring a magnet to check. 

2 hours ago, familycruzer said:

Can you please tell me if the cabins doors are metal? I am curious what I need to pack to hang my valentines door sign next week. 

Oh and bring the Bliss back safe and on time 

The cabin doors are metal.

Good Morning!  Yesterday was rainy in the afternoon so everyone came inside and that’s when you found the downfalls of the away class ships. There’s really not enough seating for everyone aboard to be stuck inside. I escaped to the thermal spa which ended up being loud and busy but I stayed anyways. 

I love to curl up in a chair with my book. I try as hard as I can to keep my feet off the furniture. If I can’t I don’t put them up. The amount of people that pass out fully stretched out on the chairs on waterfront or in the observation lounge is crazy. Most are full on drooling all over the lovely furniture. The lounge and waterfront are great features but in some ways far too comfortable. 

I have a bunch of photos but the internet was crappy yesterday. I’ll try to upload them tonight. I did get some from the go karts though!  The Go Karts start at 9am and up until 11am they run the double carts so parents can take their kids. Then at 11am it’s open for single carts. 

B192F265-647A-4C0E-B8D9-F6E024F110D7.jpeg

3BE0A85E-BD18-46E1-AD7B-A59A54ED38DE.jpeg

2989258F-F9A4-49B8-AC7F-474A47FA6C71.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisetimeforme said:

Could you also get a pic of Le Bistro and La Cucina menus? Looking for current prices on those two as well. Trying to decide for our Platinum dinners for our sailing in March. Enjoy your cruise and thanks for taking us along

I will take photos of them today along with taste tonight 

Hello twisterfreak2280

Hope you're having a wonderful vacation.  My family will be on the Bliss in March and your pictures are helping with the wait.  We will have my mom in studio 12535 which is located on the other end of the hallway that you're on.  If you get a minute, could you walk down to the other end of the hallway and see if there is an entry/exit to the studios on that end?  If not, no problem.  We were just curious with my mom having mobility issues.  I can't tell by looking at any of the deck plans.  Again, hope you're having a great trip trip.  Take care.

13 minutes ago, mudd77 said:

Hello twisterfreak2280

Hope you're having a wonderful vacation.  My family will be on the Bliss in March and your pictures are helping with the wait.  We will have my mom in studio 12535 which is located on the other end of the hallway that you're on.  If you get a minute, could you walk down to the other end of the hallway and see if there is an entry/exit to the studios on that end?  If not, no problem.  We were just curious with my mom having mobility issues.  I can't tell by looking at any of the deck plans.  Again, hope you're having a great trip trip.  Take care.

No wandering needed!  There is an entrance at both ends on both sides. If she wants to go to the lounge though there is a flight of stairs to get to the 11th floor. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, twisterfreak2280 said:

No wandering needed!  There is an entrance at both ends on both sides. If she wants to go to the lounge though there is a flight of stairs to get to the 11th floor. 

Awesome!  Thanks so much!  Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

6 hours ago, twisterfreak2280 said:

Good Morning!  Yesterday was rainy in the afternoon so everyone came inside and that’s when you found the downfalls of the away class ships. There’s really not enough seating for everyone aboard to be stuck inside. I escaped to the thermal spa which ended up being loud and busy but I stayed anyways. 

I love to curl up in a chair with my book. I try as hard as I can to keep my feet off the furniture. If I can’t I don’t put them up. The amount of people that pass out fully stretched out on the chairs on waterfront or in the observation lounge is crazy. Most are full on drooling all over the lovely furniture. The lounge and waterfront are great features but in some ways far too comfortable. 

I have a bunch of photos but the internet was crappy yesterday. I’ll try to upload them tonight. I did get some from the go karts though!  The Go Karts start at 9am and up until 11am they run the double carts so parents can take their kids. Then at 11am it’s open for single carts. 

B192F265-647A-4C0E-B8D9-F6E024F110D7.jpeg

3BE0A85E-BD18-46E1-AD7B-A59A54ED38DE.jpeg

2989258F-F9A4-49B8-AC7F-474A47FA6C71.jpeg

We were on the Bliss in May when it went through the Panama Canal,  I mentioned to several people about their feet on the furniture  many of them bare feet!   Many weren't happy, but, maybe, they learned !  They have little signs right next to the furniture  how dumb or rude are people ?  If Lovely is still at the Observation Lounge Bar, say high for us, she was really nice to us !

Edited by daveispar
Misspell

7 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I wonder if Twisterfreak is having trouble with the wifi onboard.

Patiently waiting for more.....

Wifi has been challenging to say the least. I have no issues getting on Facebook or instagram just websites. I paid for the full wifi with streaming so I could have access. 

Yesterday was St Thomas, the day before was Tortola. Both are very nice ports!  If you want to buy local, head into town and out by the Government offices. There is a little “mall” there with locals selling touristy type things. Lots of stuff like jewelry, shirts, magnets, etc. 

St Thomas is nice. I did the Panoramic tour with shopping. There’s also one with the beach. Beautiful scenery!  

This ship has reminded me how much I enjoy NCL. I have been spending most of my days on deck 8 on the waterfront reading my book. I haven’t even touched the pool deck. 

We’re at Sea today so I’ll try to upload some photos and get some menu photos. 

• Like 1

Every night at 5pm the single/solo cruisers have a get together. I’ve been going daily. Last night some of us got chatting about how we felt about the ship. Here are some of the pros and cons of Bliss:

Pros:

- observation lounge. This is a beautiful spot

- 3 floors of studio suites

- waterfront like the ships before her

- go karts (although hard to justify the cost multiple times)

- Jersey Boys

- great crew

- thermal spa

- more floor space in the studio rooms

- closets in the studios latch shut so they don’t keep sliding open when you hit rough water

Cons:

- loss of the bar in the studio lounge (now we have a bartender once a day)

- pool deck is super crowded. More so than before 

- no howl at the moon or dueling pianos (we all miss this)

- studio lounge feels like a basement. It’s a big space with a low ceiling

there were more cons but I can’t remember them all. It’s a great ship but these were somethings we noticed. 

1 hour ago, pete_coach said:

Thanks for the updates. We are going on her soon.

You keep mentioning "waterfront". What is that?

The waterfront wraps all the way around deck 8 except for the front of the ship. It’s like a boardwalk of sorts. It has seating and bars. Some of the restaurants also have outdoor seating along this deck as well. It’s the perfect

space to relax and read. 

6609DF1E-F33D-48AD-9EE5-2C37F5ED7E83.jpeg

• Like 3