Mariner Entertainment

Tigers2

We are traveling on the Mariner of the Seas on March 18th.  Does anyone know what entrainment on this 4 day cruise.  Last year we saw Grease on the Independence on anther 4 day trip.  I'm hoping another musical??     Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tigers2 said:

We are traveling on the Mariner of the Seas on March 18th.  Does anyone know what entrainment on this 4 day cruise.  Last year we saw Grease on the Independence on anther 4 day trip.  I'm hoping another musical??     Thank you!

Mariner does not have Broadway style productions on either of their 3/4 day sailings.  They have the Royal Caribbean Troupe doing a production show.  No matter what ship we have been on that had the Royal Caribbean Troupe Production shows we have always enjoyed them.  We sailed on Mariner in Nov 2018, so nothing would have changed on her.   On another night their usually is a comic.  We have always found the entertainment just fine, even though not the Broadway production shows of her bigger sister ships.

3 hours ago, Tigers2 said:

Here is a Cruise Compass from the 4-night cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2649072

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Here is a Cruise Compass from the 4-night cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2649072

What activities, shows etc. require reservations on the Mariner and can they be made online prior to cruise? Thanks

Edited by blueridgemama

12 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

What activities, shows etc. require reservations on the Mariner and can they be made online prior to cruise? Thanks

None.  There are no pre-cruise reservations for shows or free activities on Mariner.  

Check your Cruise COmpass, there may be some extra cost activities available, like wine tasting, etc.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

None.  There are no pre-cruise reservations for shows or free activities on Mariner.  

Check your Cruise COmpass, there may be some extra cost activities available, like wine tasting, etc.

So no reservations needed for Escape Room, Laser Tag or the bouncy thing (can't think of the name)?

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

So no reservations needed for Escape Room, Laser Tag or the bouncy thing (can't think of the name)?

Sorry, I forgot about those additions, and I don't know how those are handled on Mariner.

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

When I think of 'entertainment', I don't generally put the Escape Room or Laser Tag or the Skypad as in that category...they are activities, just like Flowrider or the waterslides (IMO).  Many activities have specific hours of operation and the Cruise Compass lists them.

21 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Mariner does not have Broadway style productions on either of their 3/4 day sailings.  They have the Royal Caribbean Troupe doing a production show.  No matter what ship we have been on that had the Royal Caribbean Troupe Production shows we have always enjoyed them.  We sailed on Mariner in Nov 2018, so nothing would have changed on her.   On another night their usually is a comic.  We have always found the entertainment just fine, even though not the Broadway production shows of her bigger sister ships.

Thank you!!  I appreciate your insight!

2 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

On December 2018 Mariner cruise, there were times when you needed to have reservations to do the Sky Pad.

We did not know this at first & were turned away without reservations as they were full.

There were some times when it was just open without reservations.

This is semi-new.  We went on Mariner in August and there were no reservations back then.  

DH and I went on Indy in Dec and by then they had introduced reservations .  We actually messed up DH's reservation time (we were 1hr off).  Luckily the person was nice and let him on, but can imagine it depends who is on.  For the old way without reservations, the lines got long but I prefer it as there are more "open jump" times where you go without a reservation.  A couple times the lines were short and our kids would go again.  With reservations, you can only reserve one time so other mornings are gone. 

My wife and I are on this sailing as well. I can confirm that you can make reservations in your cruise planner for the escape room and Skypad. The rest of the entertainment is first-come first-serve basis. The escape room is cheaper then it’s land-based equivalents around here, so I didn’t mind paying a fee for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk