Arcadia Leaks

claudiniusmaximus

Hi Folks

Just booked an 11 nighter on Arcadia in December. Price was amazing and in the last few cruises we’ve done we really missed a crow’s nest and Arcadia has a lovely crow’s nest. 

We’ve been on Arcadia twice before in 2009 and 2017 and there were ceiling leaks both times (lots in 2017!! All over the place). 

Ive had a look at the last dozen or so reviews of the ship and no one has mentioned the leaks so just wondering...have they sorted that issue out now? 

Hi claudiniusmaximus

We were on Arcadia from middle of October till middle of November 2018  and she did have a few leaks , one was in the theater for a couple of days and one up in the spar area the carpets were quite wet for a few days but nothing to cause a nuisance .

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi claudiniusmaximus

We were on Arcadia from middle of October till middle of November 2018  and she did have a few leaks , one was in the theater for a couple of days and one up in the spar area the carpets were quite wet for a few days but nothing to cause a nuisance .

Thanks Purdey16. I was told by someone on the forum that that particular ship design/class has this Issue and that HAL ships of the same design have the leaks too. It’s a shame as it does take the shine off a bit (and being on a leaking ship can be a tad disconcerting lol) but I booked knowing it was possibly still the case so mustn’t grumble. 

I was on Arcadia several times last year and I seem to recall seeing buckets on all cruises. These were mainly on deck 2 (in and outside the Rising Sun, in and near the Intermezzo and Spinnaker bars and in the midship lift/staircase area). On one cruise (I forget which one), a length of the corridor alongside the Intermezzo and Spinnaker bars was cordoned off for several hours while ceiling panels were removed and overhead work was carried out by the maintenance team. Whether or not this was related to the leak problems I don't know, but I assume it was. Passenger inconvenience was minimised, as passengers were simply diverted through the bars' seating areas. It would be interesting to have an update from anyone who has been on Arcadia since mid December.  

Thanks for the updates folks.

Personally, whether it’s a hotel or a cruise ship, I do feel buckets catching leaks all over the place lessens the experience somewhat however I booked knowing her history of leaks so I’m going into it eyes open as it were.

I was hopeful when no one mentioned it in the recent online reviews that the issue had been resolved but I suspect that (like the HAL ships of the same design) plumbing is going to remain a challenge but do appreciate the updates very much.