Solo Booking Price Issue

Crism

When browsing prices, I tried booking an Interior guarantee for $500 per person.  It let me process the request for 2 passengers.  When I selected 1 passenger instead, the Interior Guarantee category was unavailable, and it forces me to book a higher price.  Is this a Royal IT issue again?

Would a way around this be to book 2 passengers and leave the second name open or for someone who will not show up?  If this is the case, I would end up paying the $1000 per total and be refunded taxes, correct?  This would be a way to work around the above issue while still earning double points, right?

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Same thing happened to me last year.  I ended up booking the guarantee for 2 and the second person was a no show.  It was quite a bit cheaper than the next category price

Were you eligible for the 150% solo supplement then

You may be able to call or book via travel agent with just one person.... I've gotten the BOGO-1/2 Off sale before that way -- wouldn't let me book it without paying 200% of the first person's rate, but my TA was able to get it priced so I really only paid 150%.  

Hello,

There's been many a time I have tried to book (on-line) a guarantee cabin as a 'solo' and the system has said no. However my TA has managed to do the job without any special pleading to RCI so I conclude it must be an IT thing.

Regards,

Cublet