Late night snacks in the Windjammer on Mariner - any other ships offer this?

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If that is what you want and don't mind paying room service will provide it for you.

Yeah, technically you are correct but you know what it's like in your room.  Boring!  The last thing I want to do at that time of night is sit on my bed waiting for food to arrive.  It's just totally not the same.

Royal, give us decent late night food in a venue that's fun to hang out in!

Personally, if Playmakers served until 2am I'd be set.  🙂

Dan

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

It would be nice to have this option of late night food in the WJ fleetwide. Would love it if they offered some breakfast type food too. Anything is better than only having the option of Sorrento's or Promenade Cafe (not a favorite).

Ditto the breakfast!  This is what I prefer after a late, late night! 

When I was on Quantum in 2015, they were doing 24 hour Windjammer, but, the selection was just really dried out looking burgers and fries, as I recall.  We tried to always get to Sorrento's before they closed instead of having to eat the dried out stuff a little bit later.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yeah, but at what cost? RCI is looking at the bottom line to keep the WJ open along with all the wasted food and it probably doesn't make sense. 

They could make the food to order. Or make small batches at a time and as the stuff sells out, keep making more so there is a steady supply. Kind of like how Sorrento's does with their pizza.

It's not like the need to prepare 5,000 3-course meals ahead of time and there should be very little waste at the end of the night.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 12:58 AM, RCCL Fan said:

I'm a late night snacker --- but we do early dining because of kids ---  It's no problem on the big ships because Sorrentos is always open for a late night slice.... and Cafe Promenade for a while too.

When we sailed on Serenade with no Promenade I was so annoyed by not having late night food.   They had solarium bistro but they served hot dogs every single night.

I'm hoping for better options when I bored Vision in a few weeks.

I am a late night snacker as well.  I will typically plan ahead on these boat and stash a sandwich or two after dinner for my late night snack.  Might work for you as well.  

6&8

On 2/7/2019 at 12:58 AM, RCCL Fan said:

I'm a late night snacker --- but we do early dining because of kids ---  It's no problem on the big ships because Sorrentos is always open for a late night slice.... and Cafe Promenade for a while too.

When we sailed on Serenade with no Promenade I was so annoyed by not having late night food.   They had solarium bistro but they served hot dogs every single night.

I'm hoping for better options when I bored Vision in a few weeks.

I am a late night snacker as well.  I will typically plan ahead on these boat and stash a sandwich or two after dinner for my late night snack.  Might work for you as well.  

6&8