"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

4 hours ago, SummerIsAStateOfMind said:

I love that the boardwalk is open to the elements just like Central Park. It mirrors the concept of a real beach boardwalk and makes the ship less claustrophobic. Thanks, that reminds me to pack an umbrella.

No need, there are umbrella stands at all the doors to Central park and Boardwalk, you use you return.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

silly question...What is the difference between surf and stream with Voom?

Surf is the lowest internet speed package - Good for e-mail, web sites and low bandwidth requirements. Spotify probably works but might cut out.

Surf & Stream package is for streaming video from YouTube, Netflix, facebook video and other higher bandwidth uses.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Surf is the lowest internet speed package - Good for e-mail, web sites and low bandwidth requirements. Spotify probably works but might cut out.

Surf & Stream package is for streaming video from YouTube, Netflix, facebook video and other higher bandwidth uses.

dp

Thank you!!!

11 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

12 hours ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

5B7BBD8D-E6B8-44F6-8FDB-567EAEA379AC_zps

I would like to print the Compasses can anyone direct me on how I can do that.  I have tried several different ways but I can't figure out how to print out a particular page like the one above. 

On 2/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, MichiganMan4 said:

Loving the review.  Thank you for doing this.  We’ll be in Symphony with our kids in April.  If you happen to come across a Teen Compass for 12-14, can you post that too?  Our kids are curious if it will be much different than than the 15-17 that you posted. Many thanks!

I will check for you. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:59 PM, colo_mom said:

Loving your review. Thank you for taking the time. 

Did you happen to notice if the place with the wooden boxes did cribbage boards?

Pretty sure I saw some. 

Thanks for following along! 

23 hours ago, RickinStl said:

I wish they'd retrofit Harmony with a playmakers.. Then again my wife would get angry because that would be the only place i'd want to hang out lol ;0 

Me too, Playmakers is nice. Sabor is kinda a waste. 😀

23 hours ago, funinthesun1964 said:

I see you are having a great time MrFunInTheSun!  Enjoy every minute!!!

Wish you were here. 

21 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to share with us, MrFunInTheSun! 

The resort in Roatan looked beautiful! How did you book your day there? Did they have a website you would be willing to share? I currently do not have any cruises planned that go to Roatan, but I'd like to,  since it is one of the Caribbean ports we haven't been to yet. Those carved boxes you bought look like they would look really good in our house. I just might have to track one down when we finally do get there.

Booked it right thru Royal Caribbean. With this port I’d recommend that. It was really cheap too, think we only paid like $28 a piece or so. Included the transportation there and beach chair. 

12 hours ago, Port72 said:

It must be super busy there today with 3 ships in.   Great updates and keeping us informed about the towel situation. Just awesome!!

Thanks for following along. It was super busy there today compared to when we were there last February on Rhapsody of the seas. Non the less it was an amazing time. 

12 hours ago, phabric said:

We are going to Costa Maya and have not planned anything.

What is at the dock area to do?

As others posted there’s quite a bit you can do right at that port area without leaving. Those loungers on the fake beach and pool with bars alone can keep one quite busy. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Pam said:

Enjoying your review!😁🇨🇦 We are in a deep freeze in Canada!  Your pictures are fabulous and making me very excited to board Symphony at the end of March! Enjoy the heat for moi!

11 hours ago, Pratique said:

In addition to the shops there's a place where you can go swimming in a pool, bars for boozing, and photo ops with the locals dressed in Mayan garb. Most of which you can also do on the ship of course.

Those area at the port are pretty nice. 

11 hours ago, rbschultz said:

Nope there is not. You can use the pool and surrounding loungers freely!

Yup!

11 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I was going to ask how you found Voom and posting.  I was on the Navigator in November doing a live thread too and I found it to be a bit frustrating at times.  It was only my second time doing a live thread, but the first one, using the app, it was waaaay easier than the constant reload of the page on Safari and mobile Chrome, which made posting difficult.

Posting isn’t to bad. Longest time taken is uploading my pictures to Photobucket.

10 hours ago, BracebridgeB said:

My nephew and niece (6 year old and 4 year old) are also on board Symphony with their parents! I’m feeling a bit of pressure as I sort of swayed them in the direction of cruising rather than all inclusive land vacation...and well... I was sort of cyber-stalking the ship hoping to find something really fun and exciting going on when I came across your wonderful live updates!! I’m enjoying all of it immensely and love the tribute!  I feel that I’m right there with them. It was fun to see all of the kids club adventure ocean stuff that they have a chance to enjoy and the busy parents get a little break of their own. Kids will be missing 1 less day of school as their school is closed for a snow day here in Toronto. Couldn’t believe the price difference between this week and March break for a family of 4...when I booked it for them I think it was triple the cost in March. Just hoping they aren’t the only little kids on board...( well actually not anymore as I stalked your photos and thankfully I saw a few little kids around their ages milling around and was relieved 😎 that they will have some little friends). They are going to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel tomorrow which I booked for them and I’ve never been (hoping it’s good 😬) but it seemed to get some good reviews. I’m booked for March 22 on Reflection and Dec 1 on the Edge but this Symphony of the Seas live blog is blowing my mind and I might have to check it out sooner than later. Thanks again and enjoy every minute!

Thanks for following along! I’m sure they are having a grand time and they won’t be disappointed with Mr Sanchos. I’ve been a couple times. Great choice, I’m sure they are very appreciative. 

10 hours ago, zencruisers said:

Great review and pics. Thanks for taking the time to share>

10 hours ago, Lupush said:

Enjoying your review.  Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us.  Definitely getting me excited for our first Royal Cruise in a few weeks!  One question, why does Royal not cover the Boardwalk area?  Seems like it would be annoying walking through the center of the ship and getting caught in the rain.

Thanks!

Doesn’t really need to be and it if we’re covered it would take away from how wonderful it is. There’s plenty of other covered areas on this ship covered for pure indoor enjoyment. This and her sister ships are simply amazing! 

9 hours ago, SummerIsAStateOfMind said:

I love that the boardwalk is open to the elements just like Central Park. It mirrors the concept of a real beach boardwalk and makes the ship less claustrophobic. Thanks, that reminds me to pack an umbrella.

Exactly. It’s wonderful! 

9 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Great pics of Sol y Mar.  May give this place a closer look next year when we're there.

Was there a chair or zip line to a beach place just outside of port in Coxen Hole.  Thought at one time I saw or read about a new spot over where Captain Jack's used to be.

Enjoy your day in Costa Maya. Mahahual has been our fav spot in the past.  Assuming that if that sail boat is still on land, the palapas at old Cha Chi are still up and nothing is going on over there.  How's the dock extension appear to be coming along?

There was a zip line right by the pier that went over the water. I don’t know much about it though. Appears the dock still needs more construction. 

5 hours ago, floatel_lvr said:

So glad to see that some of those lazy towels have picked up a hobby and are actually reading.  Thanks for keeping us up on the status... 🙂

They are a rowdy bunch. 😀

5 hours ago, LBumb said:

Looked like an amazing day

Indeed it was! 😀

5 hours ago, finz2u said:

How funny.  The day we were in Costa Maya, it poured rain and we were "forced" to spend our time in that same tequila bar.  Your are really making me wish I were on the Symphony again.

It was an amazing day! Book another cruise on this ship it is amazing as you know. 😀

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

How are you finding the food in the MDR? Any favorites?

It’s ok, I do miss going to the specialty restaurants everynigt though. 

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said: