"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

I like the design of this ships sea card. 

812F0D69-46AC-4D4C-B917-EAD7EB687220_zps

Some artwork in the staircases 

D55AB8AB-6791-4027-BDFC-956F5B8CE0AF_zps

Rest time in the solarium... 

E7E035F5-68BA-42BF-B36A-4D2C9861289F_zps

Who let the dogs out? 

57A574CE-D2DB-4FB2-9854-96E42EF81F1F_zps

Everyone needs a cuddly stuffed animal 

2411EC7C-8C61-4368-860E-9BEBB99AC971_zps

Know everyone seem to not like this car, but I like it. However I think it should be in a different location and they still keep an old classic car here. But who am I those are not my decisions. 😀

6277E17D-275D-4F15-ABCC-51ACE6FA173D_zps

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SummerIsAStateOfMind said:

In what ways were the service lacking? I'm traveling on spring break in a few weeks with a full ship. It helps to know what to look expect or avoid

For example, dinner service was extremely slow, we had 7:30pm My Time reservations for which we were sat right away every night and we didn't leave the dining room most nights until after 9:30pm. Dessert was served and finished before we would get our coffee. Bar service at the Solarium bar and the Wipeout bar was extremely slow. Solarium bar mostly because they couldn't keep up with the demand even though the bartenders were hustling hard to do so but the Wipeout bar bartenders just always seemed to be taking their sweet time serving. Also a lot of the crew just seemed to be going through the motions. 

This was just our experience and having talked to a few other people in other seatings, they had the same concerns about the dinner service as well. But don't get me wrong, there were other instances were the service was outstanding and overall we had a great time. Service is a subjective subject to everybody and we typically just roll with it because we are just happy to be on vacation! Hopefully the OP's review says differently about the service they experience, enjoy your cruise!!

33 minutes ago, SummerIsAStateOfMind said:

My teens will be loving the charging stations. I had no idea that these were on board.

Please be kind and don't quote 2x a long post like that - folks who need to scroll through this stuff would appreciate it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your wonderful tribute to Trainman Jim, plus pictures and links to his reviews.  I was always a huge fan of his and followed him for years.  I was particularly happy to see his original Trainman Sandwich followed by your version! 

I am also following your review with great interest since we will be cruising on Symphony in 2020.  Great review and pics!

Charging stations?  How do they work? Does it take your phone And you come back a couple ours later with some special code to get It back?  Or do you have to stand there while it's charging? I can't imagine just standing there for even 15 minutes.

Edited by ecslady

1 hour ago, driscruisers said:

For example, dinner service was extremely slow, we had 7:30pm My Time reservations for which we were sat right away every night and we didn't leave the dining room most nights until after 9:30pm. Dessert was served and finished before we would get our coffee. Bar service at the Solarium bar and the Wipeout bar was extremely slow. Solarium bar mostly because they couldn't keep up with the demand even though the bartenders were hustling hard to do so but the Wipeout bar bartenders just always seemed to be taking their sweet time serving. Also a lot of the crew just seemed to be going through the motions. 

This was just our experience and having talked to a few other people in other seatings, they had the same concerns about the dinner service as well. But don't get me wrong, there were other instances were the service was outstanding and overall we had a great time. Service is a subjective subject to everybody and we typically just roll with it because we are just happy to be on vacation! Hopefully the OP's review says differently about the service they experience, enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you for your frank response. We will be happy to roll along with the flow too but two hours is a long time for dinner and with my sailing being fully booked, I'll now give extra time between dinner & the shows. I'd hate to be stressed throughout dinner about missing a show. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Please be kind and don't quote 2x a long post like that - folks who need to scroll through this stuff would appreciate it.

I didn't deliberately intend to post twice, I got a popup notice that the post did not go through which is why I reposted. I do not have the option to delete it or I would. My apologies if it it caused any unintended inconvenience to anyone following.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the tribute to Trainman!  I've known Judith for almost 20 years. 

I appreciate all the pictures from Symphony as I've never sailed on RCI but might just try it now. :classic_biggrin:

What is the Internet service like?  How are the rates?

My husband and I just got back from the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby Princess.

El%20Arco_zpss2b4jljq.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SummerIsAStateOfMind said:

I didn't deliberately intend to post twice,

It's not just the double post, but quoting such a long post (it could have had 50+ pictures), when the comment was only about one picture, makes it much more difficult for others - especially someone on the ship for example where the internet BW is very precious. You can edit your post (too late now) to delete all the other things inside the quote.

• Like 6

We went to the Martini class on Harmony this summer. We loved it! In fact, I loved it so much I went twice! Who is the Wonderland bartender on Symphony? Sahoo was on Harmony and he was so much fun.

Thanks for the live review, really wanting to book Symphony soon.

Lori

How was the El Loco Fresh?  Was it better than Mini Bites or whatever one they have on Harmony?  The one on Harmony was OK and did the job, but nothing great.  Wondering if El Loco is better.  I know, it's all subjective, but curious.