No Headliner on Symphony's Feb. 2, '19 Sail

nelblu

Was disappointed in that no Headliner on this sail.  Mentioned by staff that this will follow fleet wide.  One of the excuses heard was lack of attendance.  Don't know  if true, but whenever I've attended, the theatre was pretty full.

My opinion is that it's another cost cutting step akin to the elimination of the Dreamwork characters.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Was disappointed in that no Headliner on this sail.  Mentioned by staff that this will follow fleet wide.  One of the excuses heard was lack of attendance.  Don't know  if true, but whenever I've attended, the theatre was pretty full.

My opinion is that it's another cost cutting step akin to the elimination of the Dreamwork characters.

I can see it happening on Oasis class because of all the entertainment they offer however I highly doubt it will happen on the rest of the fleet.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can see it happening on Oasis class because of all the entertainment they offer however I highly doubt it will happen on the rest of the fleet.

One night they presented "Red Carpet Movie Night" by showing "First Man" movie at 8 in the theatre. 

1 minute ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

We are sailing April 6th on Symphony and the Headliner is not available to book.  I thought maybe it would show up later?  Perhaps there will not be a Headliner show for our sailing either?

Ken, Is the Headliner showing on your March Symphony cruise?

No headliner on any Symphony sailing.

You  changed your sailings around?

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No headliner on any Symphony sailing.

You  changed your sailings around?

Unfortunately yes. We didn't want to go without our oldest (Ashley), and can't pull her out of college for the week. So I'm just going with my sister in April. 

The kids are coming with us to Aruba during Ashley's reading week instead. 

Bummer about the Headliner.  But I suspect they will have the Love & Marriage show and Quest on those nights. 

1 minute ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Unfortunately yes. We didn't want to go without our oldest (Ashley), and can't pull her out of college for the week. So I'm just going with my sister in April. 

The kids are coming with us to Aruba during Ashley's reading week instead. 

Bummer about the Headliner.  But I suspect they will have the Love & Marriage show and Quest on those nights. 

This is Sarah’s last trip with us....she’s not happy.

We never find a shortage of things to do.  

Its a a snow day here, I imagine you are getting it was well.

sorry for the hijack Nelblu

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is Sarah’s last trip with us....she’s not happy.

We never find a shortage of things to do.  

Its a a snow day here, I imagine you are getting it was well.

sorry for the hijack Nelblu

No problem, it's snowing/sleeting here in mid-Jersey.  :classic_smile:

Just now, pepperfeet said:

No headliner on March 30 sailing on Symphony, also the production show flight is not on the cruise planner;. Just Hairspray, 1977, and  Hiro.

There is no headliner on any Symphony sailing.

Either Flight has filled up and you now need to book on board or it’s been delayed in being released in which case just keep watching for it.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Remember how during the ice shows here would be some sort of interlude during the show where guest skaters would do something different not really related to the rest of the show? A couple of years ago (I think i was on Indy) I did a studio B backstage tour and the guy running the tour said RCI was doing away with that as a cost cutting deal.

I am not saying you are wrong but suddenly there is no headliner on Symphony. It just reminded me of what was said back on that tour. I hope you are right because the entertainment on Adventure was weak as it is. Loss of the headliner would not help the situation at all.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Remember how during the ice shows here would be some sort of interlude during the show where guest skaters would do something different not really related to the rest of the show? A couple of years ago (I think i was on Indy) I did a studio B backstage tour and the guy running the tour said RCI was doing away with that as a cost cutting deal.

I am not saying you are wrong but suddenly there is no headliner on Symphony. It just reminded me of what was said back on that tour. I hope you are right because the entertainment on Adventure was weak as it is. Loss of the headliner would not help the situation at all.

Did they used to have those guest entertainers on all the Ice shows?  We’ve strictly been on Oasis class for the past 4 years and they still have them. 

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did they used to have those guest entertainers on all the Ice shows?  We’ve strictly been on Oasis class for the past 4 years and they still have them. 

I think they were on all the ships with ice. I remember at this particular show they had guests who did some aerial things with hoops and such. He specifically said they were being eliminated from the show as a cost savings. I know they have not eliminated it on Oasis and Allure. Adventure had no such interlude two weeks ago. I can no longer remember if it did have them in the past though I certainly remember it is the same ice show that has been on the ship for years. That ship needs a major entertainment update.🙄

• Like 1

I think they NEED to keep headliner shows that rotate for repeat cruisers.  Some would not want to see Hairspray on a second cruise especially if saw it before Symphony.

I missed the Headliner show on first sailing, have another booked and hoped to catch it.  I'd put a headliner show I haven't seen ahead of seeing the ice show or diving show again.

I can see how there is low attendance based on what the shows were on my Allure sailings.  A couple of times there was a juggler, another time a ventriloquist and one time an Elton John impressionist.  Jugglers and ventriloquists are not my thing, so we didn't attend the headliner shows.

I do have reservations for a headliner show on Allure for June, so we will see who/what it is and decide if we really want to attend.