Two questions about drink packages

mom2two2

drink packages have just been loaded to our cruise planner for the Navigator NYE cruise 2019.  I was surprised to see it there this far out but figure I will price watch for awhile until it comes down.

Right now the Deluxe Drink Package (with alcohol) is showing at $75/pp/per day (uh NO).

My questions are this:

1. Do the prices of the drink packages typically stay higher than the average on holiday sailings?

2. Do they calculate the per day including the disembarkation day?  For example we are a 4 night sailing (5 day if you count the morning you wake to get off).  While we would want to have access to drinks when we board we would not need this on the day we disembark.  Would we be looking at $75 x2 (people) x4 (days) to estimate for our budget?

Thank you very much.  I am sorry if the answer to both these is buried somewhere.  I searched drink package in the threads but there are ALOT of them on various aspects of the subject

1 minute ago, Big blue and hairy said:

They tend to go on sale, keep checking back.

That is what I was hoping.... but wasn't sure if I could realistically expect that of a holiday sailing or if they have a tendency to charge more on those ones overall.

Do you know how they calculate the number of days?  Would # nights equal the # of days charged?

6 minutes ago, mom2two2 said:

2. Do they calculate the per day including the disembarkation day?  For example we are a 4 night sailing (5 day if you count the morning you wake to get off). 

All packages are calculated by the length of cruise per night (4 in your case) - it should be pretty obvious when you buy any package (though sometimes there's some funny RCI math). Not much to buy with the package on disembarkation day.

Edited by Biker19

It is nights of cruise that you are charged for the drink pkg.  I would expect the price to drop as they put on periodic sales but I wouldn't expect it to drop as low as other sailings due to being a NYE cruise.  Seeing as you are still so far out I don't expect you will see any deals for a while yet. We have a December 1 2019 cruise booked and no deals at all on any kind of drink package.

Right now for our upcoming Allure Cruise I have an offer on the Cruise planned for 30% off, it adds up to about $44.00 per day. Does any if they drop prices more once on board or should I buy this now. I have always bought the drink package prior to sailing so I have never asked about it once on board.

Thanks and sorry to the OP for jumping on this thread 

9 minutes ago, Waycoolrob said:

Right now for our upcoming Allure Cruise I have an offer on the Cruise planned for 30% off, it adds up to about $44.00 per day. Does any if they drop prices more once on board or should I buy this now. I have always bought the drink package prior to sailing so I have never asked about it once on board.

You will not see it cheaper than that on board.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Waycoolrob said:

Ignore the phony % off, just look at price.  If you can really book at $44/day/pp plus gratuity you are looking at a very low price for 2019.  Our cruises are showing $48/$50/$56 at the moment.  Onboard will always be higher but if you book and see a lower price you can cancel and rebook.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:46 PM, LeeW said:

Ignore the phony % off, just look at price.  If you can really book at $44/day/pp plus gratuity you are looking at a very low price for 2019.  Our cruises are showing $48/$50/$56 at the moment.  Onboard will always be higher but if you book and see a lower price you can cancel and rebook.

I just pre-purchased the Deluxe package for my wife and I over the phone. The guy said my price included the gratuities. However, the RCCL page said they bill those at the end. I don’t want to get hit twice. Anybody help ?

9 minutes ago, JimmyL said:

I just pre-purchased the Deluxe package for my wife and I over the phone. The guy said my price included the gratuities. However, the RCCL page said they bill those at the end. I don’t want to get hit twice. Anybody help ?

You have already paid the gratuities on the drink packages.  Maybe the website is referring to charging the gratuities at the end of the package  purchase transaction, not the end of the cruise.

10 minutes ago, JimmyL said:

The price of the package includes gratuities for the package only. Other gratuities (Steward, waiter, etc) are totally separate and will be charged daily on your account if you haven't pre paid them.