Shoutout and thumbs up to Celebrity

rebel9040

For the past several months, i’ve had my eye on a Canadian/New England cruise in September of 2020. Each day I’ve conducted dummy bookings to gauge any and all price changes that may occur with the ongoing promotions. On Valentines night, while going through the process, I pulled up the cruise as usual and discovered that the price had dropped approximately $500 total, and also included all 4 of the perks usually offered by Celebrity. This was under the non refundable option at the end of the booking process. I immediately jumped on the offer and completed the booking without any difficulty. As a precaution, I took screenshots of the reservation summary which outlined the total price and inclusion of the 4 perks. (Usually only 3 perks are offered under the non refundable offer). Rechecking the same cruise later showed a return to the original price with only 3 perks included.

Several days later, I contacted Celebrity customer service to doublecheck the booking only to discover that their system did not show the booking as described above - regular price with only 3 perks being given. Since the customer service rep could not make a decision on the booking, I was referred to another department within Celebrity and advised to email them with my booking/reservation issue. 

Today, I was contacted by a Celebrity representative who advised that Celebrity would honor the booking reservation price as I had presented and would add an additional $350 onboard credit to cover the 4th perk of free gratuities. The rep advised that they are aware of this glitch in the system that occurs from time to time - and are working on trying to solve the issue on their end.

Needless to say, I am beyond happy that Celebrity quickly honored the booking that was presented to me - even though their computer booking system has an apparent glitch. This time, it worked out tremendously in my favor. 

It pays to pay attention and doublecheck any and all “great” deals that may come your way while booking during the process. Also, take screen shots to back up your claim if you happen to experience a situation such as mine.

Once again, Celebrity took the high road in this situation, admitted there is an apparent issue within their booking system, and made good on the reservation as it was booked. 

• Like 5

So pleased for you and well done to Celebrity for honouring the deal.

I must say, I do think it is a sign of the times that most of us take screenshots of bookings etc for hotels, flights...not just cruises. Certainly provides ‘evidence’ when issues arise.

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

So pleased for you and well done to Celebrity for honouring the deal.

I must say, I do think it is a sign of the times that most of us take screenshots of bookings etc for hotels, flights...not just cruises. Certainly provides ‘evidence’ when issues arise.

I too am so glad I took a screenshot of a price and perks that came up when I did a test booking of AQ and 4 perks as I had been waiting to find a deal to upgrade to AQ.   One of the perks was premium beverage package but when my TA went on the site a short time late, that had changed to standard beverage package.   She had to escalated it to a more senior person who after a bit of back and forthing agree to honor the offer I saw.