Splendor dining wait list

Buck Turgidson

We were wait listed for our upcoming Liberty cruise. Someone on the board suggested that I email the matre'd, so I did. He emailed back right away and said that he'd take care of it. I haven't sailed yet, but I assume that he's moving us to YTD.

I don't know the email address, but you could search and find the email address for the Splendor. It's worth a try.

Good luck!

We just booked the cruise last Friday (it leaves next Thursday) and when I read that we could email the maitre'd, I emailed him on Saturday. Next Friday is my birthday, so I mentioned that. Not sure if that made a difference or not. Again, I'm also not sure that we got YTD, but the maitre'd replied, "We will take care".

1 hour ago, webzila said:

How long have you been waitlisted?

Few weeks ago I booked a cruise this June on the Glory. YTD was waitlisted. Then that same day sometime in the evening I got an email saying YTD was confirmed. I didn't reach out to anyone.

I just booked yesterday for March 16th sailing , next month, I'll check with maitre'd. thanks

On 2/21/2019 at 6:57 PM, Buck Turgidson said:

We are on a wait list for anytime dining on the splendor. How well has this worked out for anyone that has experienced this.  

We were wait listed for Anytime dining on Slendor last year and we finally got it. Can’t remember how long but finally got it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen anytime dining lines a mile long. Every single passenger I have talked to said they have to wait every night unless you line up like cattle an hour early. Late seating dining is the way to go in my opinion. You can nap before dinner, never have to hurry back to the ship to make dinner. We LOVE late seating and we are OLD!

• Thanks 1

I'm going next week too.... Are you all referring to how long it takes for you to get the option of anytime dining.... Or are you referring to if you will already have it assigned to you, and then you show up and have to have this long wait to be seated ???

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, oscarbuzz said:

I have seen anytime dining lines a mile long. Every single passenger I have talked to said they have to wait every night unless you line up like cattle an hour early. Late seating dining is the way to go in my opinion. You can nap before dinner, never have to hurry back to the ship to make dinner. We LOVE late seating and we are OLD!

We usually go with early dining, but when we have used YTD, we have never had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated. I find it hard to believe everyone you talked to said they had to wait every night. 

Son & I have had ATD the last 3 cruises. Some nights -- longggg waits of 30-40 min in lines wrapping around the floor. Other nights -- 5-10 min. We are always prepared for the long wait and pleasantly surprised if we have a shorter wait. The time you go really doesn't seem to matter.