Not Understanding Pricing - Can you Help?

MizDemeanor

26 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Hi I had mentioned in one of the posts I was looking at Summit April 6th in an AQ cabin. If you are game to give it a try. 

By way of explanation, we have had a few NCL cruises since a Celebrity cruise, I don't recall any of this on X and I am sure that any time I have booked NCL I got the price that was listed. That was why my mention of NCL. 

I just tried your cruise and it looks like the Promotional Discount has expired.   Currently their are 3 choices which correspond to Aqua 1 Aqua2 and Aqua Guarantee.   Currently Aqua 2 and Guarantee are the same rate so I would choose my own room.

Current rate is 1,199 per person plus 81.57 per person.    You will also receive a $50 OBC which is what is on the first page.

297601407_fare7.jpg.e2600a3954de38d72cfb79b7a39266f1.jpg

Now if you select 2 perks an additional $440 (220 per person x 2) to the cruise fare.     You should calculate if it makes sense  for you.    Even selecting the $150 pp OBC and Tips or Internet  or drinks package may be more valuable than the cost of $220.

661941043_fare6.jpg.31cdc421ec1da8d25d0b5815480b38a0.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

See what you mean -   it is a Celebrity shell game.

Try removing the GoBest and it will give you the tile price of $1,199 pp.

I prefer to use an airline site -   the one that begins with AA for shopping and comparison.    They also show all cabins available not just the best 6.

They show all the discounted rates and perk rates and they only thing they add to the final price is the tax and port.

Example of your cruise below

aa_com.thumb.jpg.06c484fc90000e357bd183317d6493e5.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

4 hours ago, kearney said:

We are elite so the beverage package is not of value to me

Just wondering why you don't purchase beverage package in Elite class? Are drinks included? 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

Just wondering why you don't purchase beverage package in Elite class? Are drinks included? 

They have a cocktail hour(s) most evenings where you can get essentially unlimited cocktails (based on a menu of choices) in one venue or they load three drinks on your seapass card that can be used at various bars on board. This is enough for us. Normally during the day we consume regular coffee and .unsweetened ice tea... so we a beverage package doesn't really pay for us. They have changed some of the rules on Elite.. so it may vary a bit by ship... some ships have a specific loung for the cocktail hour...others don't. Some I think you can get your free cocktail at any bar... other ships limit which bars you can use. If you like a basic martini, manhattan, glass of sparkling wine... you are fine... but if you like a specific brand... you may want to go ahead and get a package. I couldn't tell a premium vodka from a private label store brand, so getting classic or premium package would be wasted on my. If I recall cocktail hour was from 5 - 7:30... as I recall. Hope this helps. 

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Speciality coffees like espresso and cappuccino are included at any time for Elite plus.  For Elite and above, you now get three free drinks most nights from 5:00 pm to  7:00 pm.  So for non-heavy drinkers, a package may not be necessary.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kearney said:

They have a cocktail hour(s) most evenings where you can get essentially unlimited cocktails (based on a menu of choices) in one venue or they load three drinks on your seapass card that can be used at various bars on board. This is enough for us. Normally during the day we consume regular coffee and .unsweetened ice tea... so we a beverage package doesn't really pay for us. They have changed some of the rules on Elite.. so it may vary a bit by ship... some ships have a specific loung for the cocktail hour...others don't. Some I think you can get your free cocktail at any bar... other ships limit which bars you can use. If you like a basic martini, manhattan, glass of sparkling wine... you are fine... but if you like a specific brand... you may want to go ahead and get a package. I couldn't tell a premium vodka from a private label store brand, so getting classic or premium package would be wasted on my. If I recall cocktail hour was from 5 - 7:30... as I recall. Hope this helps. 

Thank you that helps a lot. I am literally a few points away from Elite status so even though this cruise will give me more than enough to qualify I doubt I can take advantage of the perks. I have booked a CC which includes a bottle of wine and will bring one with me. Travelling solo so can't bring a second bottle which I enjoy at dinner. Other than that not a huge drinker either. Elite hour would have been nice to meet others. 

16 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you that helps a lot. I am literally a few points away from Elite status so even though this cruise will give me more than enough to qualify I doubt I can take advantage of the perks. I have booked a CC which includes a bottle of wine and will bring one with me. Travelling solo so can't bring a second bottle which I enjoy at dinner. Other than that not a huge drinker either. Elite hour would have been nice to meet others. 

Let me warn you... I believe on Celebrity they charge something like $25 corkage fee... you may want to enjoy your wine on your veranda. We have cruised about 25 times or so... honestly haven't kept a good count. We had our first beverage package when we booked Edge... There was no senior or resident discount... so the perks were included. I have to say I did enjoy the benefit... but we never needed it before and I don't think we will have a problem going back to sailing without it... That cruise I gained more weight than normal which I blame on the specialty coffees and pina coladas. I prefer multiple cruises than splurging on one... 

20 minutes ago, kearney said:

Let me warn you... I believe on Celebrity they charge something like $25 corkage fee... you may want to enjoy your wine on your veranda. We have cruised about 25 times or so... honestly haven't kept a good count. We had our first beverage package when we booked Edge... There was no senior or resident discount... so the perks were included. I have to say I did enjoy the benefit... but we never needed it before and I don't think we will have a problem going back to sailing without it... That cruise I gained more weight than normal which I blame on the specialty coffees and pina coladas. I prefer multiple cruises than splurging on one... 

I love pina coladas.  The best one I had was in Jamaica at Margaritaville by the ship. I actually had two they were so cheap. I think under 10 bucks. Don't think the beverage package is for me either; wouldn't drink enough to justify the price and I only have 1 cup of coffee in the morning.  I order breakfast on the balcony every morning and will get some orange juice to go with champagne (bubbly wine).