Barclays Card.

Etchdreams

Has anyone else had problems with Barclay?  We made a onetime payment to Carnival and Barclays double billed the same amount on the same day.    We contacted Barclays about the problem and was told that Carnival received the payments...We were told by  Frank that it had happened to others who were making a payment to "other" companies... We called Carnival and they show no payment received. Carnival has gone out of their way to help. We even had a 3 way call with them and Barclays, and Carnival told Barclays they have not received any payment from them on our behalf. Carnival asked for a tracking number, and Barclays was not able to supply one.  We call and talk to someone and get their name, and call back and ask for them, and nobody knows who the are. We are told hey must be on a "different shift"  but the hours of this department are 9 to 5. I ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, and I'm told no. This has been going on for a month.    Let me again say that Carnival is not the problem. So has anyone else had a problem with Barclays or should I say Barclies......

I have not had a similar issue with payments not being credited. But I have doubted points are being added correctly, particularly the bonus points using the rapid boost vendors. When I called to question the response made no sense to me. They said to check my statement in 60 days! Then I was told it was a problem with the vendor. 

I recently tried to pay with a particular Mastercard on the Carnival website and it kept saying that the address/authorisation details weren't right, so went via the paypal option instead and it went through fine on the same card. The following day I checked my online transactions and it showed three transactions for Carnival, two directly with them and one through Paypal. 

I think the two first ones must have been test transactions from when it tried to authorise them, as they then disappeared the following day without me raising an issue. (It was very late and I was planning on ringing the card company first thing in the morning, when I logged back into my account they'd gone) 

I wonder if it's a similar issue but Barclays aren't clearing the test authorisations for you. 

9 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

I recently tried to pay with a particular Mastercard on the Carnival website and it kept saying that the address/authorisation details weren't right, so went via the paypal option instead and it went through fine on the same card. The following day I checked my online transactions and it showed three transactions for Carnival, two directly with them and one through Paypal. 

I think the two first ones must have been test transactions from when it tried to authorise them, as they then disappeared the following day without me raising an issue. (It was very late and I was planning on ringing the card company first thing in the morning, when I logged back into my account they'd gone) 

I wonder if it's a similar issue but Barclays aren't clearing the test authorisations for you. 

Holds and authorizations are generally released within 3-5 business days. OP mentioned this has been over a month. At this point, it must have moved from an authorization to a posted charge.