May 5, 2019 Magic & Conquest switching ports

On May 5 these two ships are switching ports.  Magic from MIA to FLL & Conquest from FLL to MIA.  Both ships leave at 9pm on 5-5-19.  Can anyone tell me about their experience or does anyone have knowledge of how embark day will be.  I have received a 4:30pm-5pm time for arrival at FLL(Magic).  Will rooms be ready?  What time will each ship reach its new port?  My biggest question, what would be the earliest we should head over to the port.  I am going to try to get a late check out from the hotel but if lucky that will be 1pm.  I would appreciate any suggestion or thoughts as I don't know what to expect. Thanks friends!

You say you have received a check-in time of 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.? Were you not able to select an earlier check-in time?  Unless you're able to get your check-in time changed, you may have find something to do for a couple of hours before heading to the cruise terminal.

beachbum53...yes, the check in time I have was the earliest I could pick.  I think I am more curious then anything else.  Just wondering when the Magic actually arrives at Port Everglades.  Wondering what time the terminal will open.  Since no guests have to get off the ship, won't have to deal with as many people at the terminal.  Just looking for someone that has experienced this type of embark.  

I'm in the same situation as you.  We are doing a back to back on the Magic starting that week.  I'm trying to figure out if we could attend church that morning since we don't need to be at the port so early.  I'm also in predicament about our luggage if we should take it with us to church.

Most likely, the ship will leave port at around 11am. The two ports is about 30 nautical miles away from each other and can take about 2 hours travel time. The ship will most like arrive around 1-2pm. 

shof515..thank you for the information.  Ship arrival about 2pm and my embark time of 4:30pm sound about right.  I am hoping cabins will be ready and we can just go straight to our cabin with our carry on luggage.  If cabins are ready, I am considering taking all three pieces of luggage we will have with us straight to our cabin.  Then we won't have to wait for it to arrive and can unpack right away.

trudster57...see you on the 5th!  Did you get a boarding time yet?

2 hours ago, trudster57 said:

I'm in the same situation as you.  We are doing a back to back on the Magic starting that week.  I'm trying to figure out if we could attend church that morning since we don't need to be at the port so early.  I'm also in predicament about our luggage if we should take it with us to church.

While you need to get off the ship, there's a chance your luggage won't. Are you staying in the same cabin? When you get on board the first leg, go to guest services and ask. Worse they can say is no, which you are already planning for anyways.

I would guess that cabins will be ready since I would assume they will get done while the ship is transitioning.

trudster57..I think I have read that if you have FTTF you can board with plats and diamonds.  I have seen posts that say you(FTTF guests) just ignore that check in time and board with them.  Maybe if you call Carnival, they can tell you what boarding time is for FTTF, plats and diamond guests.  Can you post here if you find out that time?  I am interested to find out.

Just checked with Carnival....Diamond,  Platinum, and FTTF  will be allowed to board at 1 p.m.   MDR that evening will be  time dining for everyone but will be regular menu service.  Please keep in mind Muster Drill will be at 8 p.m. and everything will be shut down around that time.

There will be a sail away party as usual just later.  She said other entertainment should be the same.

fire Lt., thank you so much.  I guess I could have called Carnival myself, I'm such a dummy!  This information is very helpful and exactly what I was looking for.  Just wondering why FTTF, etc has a board time of 1pm and the first time slot I could select was 4:30pm-5pm.  I picked this on the very first day that it was available to choose.  Anyway, this information really helps me plan my embark day.  Thanks again!

I am on that sailing  as well.....wanted to arrange for a late check out at the hotel.   I know you had to pick up a time to finish your paperwork.   The Carnival representative assured me to ignore the 4:30 to 5 pm boarding time as that is what I selected as well, and I have FTTF as well.   You are welcome....this board can be a wealth of information at times.

Looks like a few of us are on this cruise.  If anyone does find out more information about what embark day will be like, please post on this.  All of us will receive an email that there is activity on this thread.  I want to get to the port when boarding starts even if I am early.  I actually am looking forward to getting on the Magic, relaxing and watching all the activity of the ship and Port Everglades.  Also, enjoying the ship as the day turns into night and the Magic slowly floats away into the open ocean!

On 3/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, lasvegascruising said:

trudster57..I think I have read that if you have FTTF you can board with plats and diamonds.  I have seen posts that say you(FTTF guests) just ignore that check in time and board with them.  Maybe if you call Carnival, they can tell you what boarding time is for FTTF, plats and diamond guests.  Can you post here if you find out that time?  I am interested to find out.

FTTF doesn’t board with Diamonds and Platinums. FTTF are the first to board after Diamonds and Platinums board the ship. The time difference can range from 5-10 minutes to 45 minutes or longer, depending on how many Diamonds and Platinums show up early.  As Platinums we have waited close to 15 minutes while Diamonds were boarding. 

I did check with my PVP as well she is advising  2 p.m. for FTTF so I am assuming 1 p.m. was for Diamond and Platinum.  She stated they anticipate general boarding to start between 3 and 3:30  pm    She said most of the time when ships relocate it is a further distance so this is kind of a unique situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Folllowing. I am on the Conquest on May 5th. I'm glad I found this thread because I also have FTTF and I picked a 4:00-4:30 boarding time but it would be amazing to be able to board earlier. I guess I will call too and see what they tell me for Conquest.