Navigator vs Allure for grad trip

We’ve cruised several times on Celebrity, but we’re taking our niece and a friend on a cruise and think Royal would be a better fit for them. They’re both 18. I’m looking at the 4 nt Navigator and a 7 nt on the Allure. Obviously a big price difference, but I want her first time cruising to be amazing. How do the ships compare and which would be best for 2 18 yr olds?  They’ll prob want to meet people etc they’re own age, and they’re very active. The 4 nt only goes to the Bahamas, but I know the shorter cruises have a younger crowd. This is our first time on Royal so I’m not at all familiar with their ships. Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated. The trip will be in July. Thanks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avp1234 said:

We’ve cruised several times on Celebrity, but we’re taking our niece and a friend on a cruise and think Royal would be a better fit for them. They’re both 18. I’m looking at the 4 nt Navigator and a 7 nt on the Allure. Obviously a big price difference, but I want her first time cruising to be amazing. How do the ships compare and which would be best for 2 18 yr olds?  They’ll prob want to meet people etc they’re own age, and they’re very active. The 4 nt only goes to the Bahamas, but I know the shorter cruises have a younger crowd. This is our first time on Royal so I’m not at all familiar with their ships. Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated. The trip will be in July. Thanks. 

I'd go with Allure if you want them to be blown away on their first cruise.

Both are great, especially with the upgrades Navigator just got.   We've sailed both, and had a ball on both.   Save some cash, and take the lowest price trip.   Use the extra $$$ to book a better room, do some better excursions.

As a first cruise, your niece and her friend will be blown away by either ship.  I'd go with Allure as she is the biggest ship and 7 nights is better than 4 nights.

But, Navigator was just came out of a $115 million renovations with a new pool area, new water slides, laser tag, escape room, a virtual trampoline thingy (SkyPad), new sports bar & Tiki bar - all things not found on Allure.

Allure has a Zip-line and the coolest Aqua-theater afloat and a really nice Solarium.

Both have Flowriders and rock climbing walls.  Many of the shows (except Broadway) will be similar - Quest, Ice show, Love&Marriage, etc.

No wrong choice.....but longer cruise is always better 🙂 As long as it doesn't bust the budget.

Just now, HBE4 said:

As a first cruise, your niece and her friend will be blown away by either ship.  I'd go with Allure as she is the biggest ship and 7 nights is better than 4 nights.

But, Navigator was just came out of a $115 million renovations with a new pool area, new water slides, laser tag, escape room, a virtual trampoline thingy (SkyPad), new sports bar & Tiki bar - all things not found on Allure.

Allure has a Zip-line and the coolest Aqua-theater afloat and a really nice Solarium. Plus, the Boardwalk and Central Park areas....not sure how important that will be to the kids.

Both have Flowriders and rock climbing walls.  Many of the shows (except Broadway) will be similar - Quest, Ice show, Love&Marriage, etc.

No wrong choice.....but longer cruise is always better 🙂 As long as it doesn't bust the budget.