Airlines flying from FLL or PBI to ATL

h-sar

As a Canadian, I am not sure which smaller airlines fly this route. I know that JetBlue does, and flights, for when I need them after our December cruise, will not be out for a couple of more months. Can anyone recommend other discount airlines that fly from FLL or PBI to ATL? Thank you! 

FLL: Delta, Southwest, Jetblue, Spirit

PBI: Delta, Southwest

None are really that small. Spirit is a discount airline, but make sure you add all of the fees to get the true picture of the fare. Of course, that can be said for every airline, even Southwest and Delta.

19 hours ago, h-sar said:

As a Canadian, I am not sure which smaller airlines fly this route. I know that JetBlue does, and flights, for when I need them after our December cruise, will not be out for a couple of more months. Can anyone recommend other discount airlines that fly from FLL or PBI to ATL? Thank you! 

Someone mentioned Delta, and you mentioned you're Canadian so I'm wondering if perhaps you have an onward flight from ATL to somewhere in Canada in Air Canada??   If so, Delta would be especially convenient for you, because at FLL, none of the terminals are currently connected airside, and there is no shuttle (that I'm aware of) or plane train that runs between terminals.  But T2 is exclusively served by Delta and Air Canada so you would not have to change terminals if you come in on Delta and leave on Air Canada.   If you arrive on Jet Blue, Spirit or Southwest and leave on Air Canada you'd have to change terminals.  It isn't the end of the world if you have to walk from one to the next, but obviously staying in the same terminal would be much more convenient.  And Delta has almost hourly flights from FLL to ATL so you have plenty of options to choose from.

11 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Someone mentioned Delta, and you mentioned you're Canadian so I'm wondering if perhaps you have an onward flight from ATL to somewhere in Canada in Air Canada??   If so, Delta would be especially convenient for you, because at FLL, none of the terminals are currently connected airside, and there is no shuttle (that I'm aware of) or plane train that runs between terminals.  But T2 is exclusively served by Delta and Air Canada so you would not have to change terminals if you come in on Delta and leave on Air Canada.   If you arrive on Jet Blue, Spirit or Southwest and leave on Air Canada you'd have to change terminals.  It isn't the end of the world if you have to walk from one to the next, but obviously staying in the same terminal would be much more convenient.  And Delta has almost hourly flights from FLL to ATL so you have plenty of options to choose from.

Good guess 😀. We have flights from Atl to YEG already booked on WestJet (which is using Delta for that flight), so Delta would be ideal, but I think the discount airlines will be considerable cheaper, so am waiting for those flights to come out.

9 hours ago, h-sar said:

Good guess 😀. We have flights from Atl to YEG already booked on WestJet (which is using Delta for that flight), so Delta would be ideal, but I think the discount airlines will be considerable cheaper, so am waiting for those flights to come out.

Ok, so you've confirmed that you have 2 separate tickets for travel.   Remember that you will not be protected on the West Jet (Delta) flight if something goes wrong on your earlier Jet Blue/Southwest/Spirit flight.  Meaning, if the first flight is severely delayed or canceled and you miss the 2nd flight, the fact that your first flight was delayed won't matter. the way it would if all travel was on a single ticket.  You'll be considered a no show for the 2nd flight, and the airline will be within their rights to ask you to buy a brand new, last minute (i.e. expensive) ticket on a later flight.  For that reason, I'd strongly consider a Delta flight, even if it's more expensive.  You'll still have 2 separate tickets, but at least both would be on Delta metal and that being the case, Delta might give you a bit of leniency if you do end up having to be rebooked.

11 hours ago, h-sar said:

So you are trying to make a connecting flight on WestJet? 

You are aware that if the FLL/PBI flight is delayed WestJet will do nothing and you will have to buy another ticket right? 

8 hours ago, Flymia said:

So you are trying to make a connecting flight on WestJet? 

You are aware that if the FLL/PBI flight is delayed WestJet will do nothing and you will have to buy another ticket right? 

Yup, am aware.  I am not usually much of a risk taker, always fly in the night before the cruise, book my flights out of FLL after 11:00 AM, etc. However, I have managed, on a number of occasions, to catch a steal of a deal for flights from Atlanta to Edmonton and then snag cheap flights on JetBlue for the first leg.  On these particular occasions, have saved about $1200 each time for my family of four. Our flight out of Atlanta is after 6 PM, so I’m not concerned about the connection. Having said that, I know that anything can happen, but I am willing to take the risk with these two separate tickets. 

Edited by h-sar

Delta is currently selling seats, FLL>ATL in December '19 as low as $92. one way, non-stop.

Price shows for some Saturdays....other Saturdays and Sundays are higher.

Those are likely 'basic economy' prices...but it is not a long flight.

PBI>ATL non-stop is higher.