2 night mini cruise dress code

richarduk

Hi.  I'm considering one of the 2 night mini cruises, either QE or QM2. Is there any dress code for these? Are smart jeans going to be OK for all restaurants?? I can't imagine people packing dress clothes for a mini cruise? Thank you. 

Edited by richarduk
Change

Usually both nights will be shown as Smart Attire in the Voyage Personaliser but there may be one Gala optional once you're onboard. Smart jeans aren't suitable for either evening dress code.

"Smart Attire: Gentlemen, every night we request you wear smart trousers with a shirt and jacket; tie is optional. Ladies, blouses and skirts or stylish trousers and dresses are welcome.

Gala Evenings: It’s Showtime. Dinner jacket, tuxedo, or dark suit for the men with a regulartie or bow tie. Evening or cocktail dress, smarttrouser suit, or formal separates for the ladiesplease."

1 hour ago, richarduk said:

Thank you. It's a no from me. 

Surely you must have at least a pair of 'chinos' and a jacket in your wardrobe,  how do you manage if you are invited to an interview, a wedding or funeral .

A cruise/voyage on QM2 is wonderful, for many it's a once in a lifetime experience.   I really don't understand some guys who will dig their heels in and flatly refuse to make their evenings a sense of occasion, not only for them self, but for their partner and fellow travellers onboard.  

Stick a pair of Chinos and a jacket on !  go and enjoy your self, you don't know what you are missing.  😉  Just to answer your question; People do indeed pack smart clothes , leaving their jeans at home . For many these mini cruises are a celebration or a special occasion .  

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 2

Also two night cruises are often part of longer cruises: for instance those to Hamburg are part of Atlantic crossings. Certainly our next cruise which would include two 2 nighters (if that makes sense) has Gala Nights on both those sectors, not just smart attire.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:14 AM, richarduk said:

Hi.  I'm considering one of the 2 night mini cruises, either QE or QM2. Is there any dress code for these? Are smart jeans going to be OK for all restaurants?? I can't imagine people packing dress clothes for a mini cruise? Thank you. 

My husband's comment re. me sailing on such a mini-cruise with Cunard:

"Well, for 2 nights, you'd have 4 dresses....."

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Pressed chinos are considered “dress clothes”?

Well, one step better than the OP's idea of wearing his jeans in the evenings.  Although have to admit, for me chinos are what I'd usually wear 'during the day'. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:14 AM, richarduk said:

I can't imagine people packing dress clothes for a mini cruise? Thank you. 

Two night mini-cruises are supposed to be a "taster cruise" to ascertain if one might like a longer cruise without committing a larger amount of money.  They are not truly representative of a full voyage but do help eliminate  a major embarrassment. Where people do not understand the cruise line's rules clearly its not for them.  

Regards John

• Like 1