Spa pass and Rotterdam

racnwdow

I have read a bit about spa passes and  the thermal pool and some perks. Sounds fantastic.   But I wonder, does the Rotterdam (small ship) have all of these amenities?  Does anyone know what is included in a spa pass on the Rotterdam?  Would it be worth it?

Includes use of thermal pool,  thermal beds, two steam sauna rooms,large rain forest shower, use of locker room, robes,slippers,large towels, unlimited use of all, for couples about 20 dollars per day. A must do on the small ships, a small outside deck had two teak loungers for us on the last cruise. limited to 20-25 couples, but hardly anyone must  have signed up had it to our self most of the time.

13 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

On the Rotterdam, there is not a real thermo pool.  Instead it is just a regular whirlpool like the ones you see by the pools.

Is this also the case on the Amsterdam?  I imagine that you have been on the Amsterdam - any thing you would recommend doing on that ship?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

On the Rotterdam, there is not a real thermo pool.  Instead it is just a regular whirlpool like the ones you see by the pools.

it isn't a whirlpool, actually, and not like the tubs by the pools... it is a mineral spa, without jets,  and the reason why it is smaller on the Rotterdam is that the Rotterdam is a smaller ship carrying 1400 passengers and the spa is sold out after 25 couples make a package purchase. As you can see, it doesn't sell out all the time and we had the place to ourselves. It is relaxing, warm and the mineral treatment is invigorating. In many ways, i prefer it to the larger thermals suites on the larger ships where it can be a bit crowded, however, each ship is different and lovely by their own right. whichever you sail, i hope you have a great cruise. In my opinion, the spa package is always worth it, especially if you have a lot of sea days. We went every day, and sometimes twice a day. 

image.thumb.png.2e194c0a697c7450981e0eb859c5e543.png

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Is this also the case on the Amsterdam?  I imagine that you have been on the Amsterdam - any thing you would recommend doing on that ship?

Thanks!

The Amsterdam is the sister ship to the Rotterdam. Same spa set up as this more or less. see my other comments for details. The bigger ships have hydro pools, literally a pool with a hydro center with spray. you can google image it.  I like the smaller mineral tub myself. good luck with the Amsterdam. I really want to sail her. 1380 souls on the Amsterdam. Sounds like a dream to me. image.thumb.png.1a842a3b7782c780ab3d8131bfc4e4b0.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, racnwdow said:

Does anyone know what is included in a spa pass on the Rotterdam?  Would it be worth it?

It includes the same things as on the larger ships, but the "hydropool" is in the same room with the ceramic loungers and is much smaller and not as "active" as far as jets and such.  However, what I DO like about these "pools" on the smaller ships is that they have a view!  On the Vista class and above, the hydropool is in an indoor windowless room.  The pool is amazing, but it's dark in there... just my opinion.