Connecting staterooms noise level

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m sure my neighbors didn’t hear a peep from me. They probably think the connecting doors keep the noise out good. But I was the only one in the room so nobody to talk to. I was afraid to put the TV at night if i thought they were asleep...and I’m careful to not let the door slam. Although I found out late in the cruise if I didn’t let it slam, the lock on the door wasn’t actually engaging.

You can talk to yourself. No shame in that, as far as I'm concerned. People tell me, it's ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. Well if I don't answer myself, who the heck am I talking to? I'm not just going to ignore me, that's crazy. :classic_tongue:

You sound like a very considerate neighbor. Do you want to be ours LOL? *sings* "Won't you please...please won't you be...my neighbor."

I don't worry about the TV being on, even if it's late. It's not like we blare it. I don't think I've ever heard a neighbor's TV through the walls. We hear the entry doors closing and echoing through the hall all the time. That's probably where we've experienced most of the noise coming from, including people talking in the halls, but it's been tolerable. I don't slam our door, but will make sure to pull it shut to make sure it latches. We've experienced them not latching on their own a time or two as well.

My wife doesn't think connecting rooms will be a problem, especially since it's family. Even so, I'd still kind of like to avoid it, but I think I've been outvoted. Funny how that can happen when there's only two votes. 🤨

14 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

My wife doesn't think connecting rooms will be a problem, especially since it's family. Even so, I'd still kind of like to avoid it, but I think I've been outvoted. Funny how that can happen when there's only two votes. 🤨

Well that’s because her vote counts for more! 😁😉

4 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

You can talk to yourself. No shame in that, as far as I'm concerned. People tell me, it's ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. Well if I don't answer myself, who the heck am I talking to? I'm not just going to ignore me, that's crazy. :classic_tongue:

You sound like a very considerate neighbor. Do you want to be ours LOL? *sings* "Won't you please...please won't you be...my neighbor."

I don't worry about the TV being on, even if it's late. It's not like we blare it. I don't think I've ever heard a neighbor's TV through the walls. We hear the entry doors closing and echoing through the hall all the time. That's probably where we've experienced most of the noise coming from, including people talking in the halls, but it's been tolerable. I don't slam our door, but will make sure to pull it shut to make sure it latches. We've experienced them not latching on their own a time or two as well.

Nah on that door you can pull on it and it still doesn’t lock. You may think it’s locked but you can still push it open. I don’t know if I had a bad lock...or if all of them are like that or what. But there was no quiet way to close and lock my door on vista.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

So which movies did you watch....

That night I put my headphones on and watched an episode of impractical jokers until the noise stopped. Most nights it was quiet over there so I was afraid to ever turn the TV on with the TV next to the door and them likely sleeping.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

Heard a big fight going on in the next cabin. I called security as I was worried about the woman.  Those people were really mad someone called security but they quieted down.

You helped their relationship. Once you reported them, they redirected all their anger at you (without knowing who) instead of at each other. Good job. 🙂

So we've booked since I last posted in this thread. We did end up getting connecting rooms. We switched to a different deck than what we originally planned because my wife wanted to be near a couple members of her family who had already booked. There were 2 connecting rooms next to them, so we put our son (and a TBA friend) next to us. That way if we hear them through the door, we won't feel bad yelling at them to quiet down. But he's not a loud kid, unless he's playing video games with his friends online...but he won't have his computer, so that takes care of that. A couple of her family members will be on the other side of us. It should work out well. Our son and a friend were next door to us last year and we were going over to their room quite a bit for different things, so it'll be kind of nice just to knock on the connecting door instead.

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

So we've booked since I last posted in this thread. We did end up getting connecting rooms. We switched to a different deck than what we originally planned because my wife wanted to be near a couple members of her family who had already booked. There were 2 connecting rooms next to them, so we put our son (and a TBA friend) next to us. That way if we hear them through the door, we won't feel bad yelling at them to quiet down. But he's not a loud kid, unless he's playing video games with his friends online...but he won't have his computer, so that takes care of that. A couple of her family members will be on the other side of us. It should work out well. Our son and a friend were next door to us last year and we were going over to their room quite a bit for different things, so it'll be kind of nice just to knock on the connecting door instead.

sounds good

I have very simple advice for anyone choosing a connecting cabin if you are not traveling with people you want to be connected with: DON'T DO IT!!! We learned this the hard way. We were up til 2 or 3 in the morning listening to our connecting neighbor's TV. Also listened to them "getting friendly" with each other day or night. We heard EVERYTHING! We will NEVER AGAIN book connecting cabins. We would book another cruise if this was the only cabin left.

Just now, mar214 said:

I have very simple advice for anyone choosing a connecting cabin if you are not traveling with people you want to be connected with: DON'T DO IT!!! We learned this the hard way. We were up til 2 or 3 in the morning listening to our connecting neighbor's TV. Also listened to them "getting friendly" with each other day or night. We heard EVERYTHING! We will NEVER AGAIN book connecting cabins. We would book another cruise if this was the only cabin left.

And I certainly wouldn't have booked the one I did had I realized it was connecting. I had stayed in the same cabin on Triumph, Freedom, Breeze, and Dream and never thought of the possibility they'd change it to connecting on Vista class.