Edge Documentary March 16th?

vtcruising

Thanks! I wondered if it would be just a marketing video or whether it might have some interesting stories about the building and launching of the ship. I guess I will watch it and see. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

57 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

For those who enjoy documentaries, I recently enjoyed this one about the food and beverage operation aboard an RC ship.

Thanks! This is more what I was hoping to see - maybe some behind the scenes stuff with the builders and crew. I think it will be worth watching to see. Maybe ChicagoPaul will be on there since he just had a marketing video done onboard (though probably too soon). 🙂

• Like 1

We saw a documentary being filmed on our Edge cruise earlier this month. My husband spoke briefly with the videographer  who told him that he and his staff were filming a man from Scotland. Never could find out more. We saw them all over the ship, even in the hallway near our cabin but never saw them actually recording a passenger.

Interesting.... ChicagoPaul reported being asked to do a video interview about the ship a few weeks ago on his cruise. It seems too quick of a turn around time to be from that cruise, but who knows?

PS: the guy from Scotland was probably Cameron Robertson, the Guest Services director, who is from Scotland. I met him onboard at our Cruise Critic Party and he was a class act - he was very interested in hearing about my thoughts and recommendations (or at least did a good job of pretending to 😉).

Edited by vtcruising

39 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

My husband was told that it was a passenger who was hired by the company filming the documentary and that he was a Baron. Sounded pretty far-fetched to me.

I suppose it could be. I thought of Cameron immediately. but maybe it will be a Baron! Now I really need to watch!  🙂

Just received this from LLP. Since she invited me, I need to watch. 😉

"Dear Friends,

While the stunning Celebrity Edge has already made her award-winning debut as the “Best New Ship” by Cruise Critic, we’ve been busy completing “The Making of Edge,” a 30-minute behind-the-scenes film hosted by Nate Berkus, our Edge Ambassador.  The film showcases the relentless effort that went in to creating the most anticipated ship of the year, and some of you have had the chance already to walk aboard.  Two years in the making, this film provides an inside look at the journey of the creation of Celebrity Edge, from the steel-cutting to The Naming Ceremony with godmother, Malala Yousafzai. 

Tomorrow, we invite you to watch, “The Making of Edge,” and spread the word to your friends. For a sneak peek, click here.

When: Saturday, March 16, at 7PM EST

Where can you watch: 

• WTVJ – NBC 6 in Miami/Fort Lauderdale 
  • Livestreamed on Celebrity Cruises Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages

The response to the transformational Celebrity Edge has been incredible. So many people want to know what it took to design, build and launch this transformational ship. “The Making of Edge” is a behind-the-scenes look with the many stories that have yet to be told by those who were involved in its creation.  We are so thrilled to share this exclusive insider’s perspective with the world.

I cannot say thank you enough to the more than 12,000 hard-working, dedicated employees at Celebrity Cruises and our Shared Services teams, the hundreds of architects, artisans, designers, engineers and more who all had a part in the creation of this beautiful, revolutionary ship.

I hope you will do what I’m going to do, pop some popcorn and enjoy the “Best New Ship” documentary.

Have a great weekend, "

LLP

13 hours ago, wpgcycler said:

For those who enjoy documentaries, I recently enjoyed this one about the food and beverage operation aboard an RC ship.

Thank you so much, wpgcycler, I LOVED watching this documentary!  Fascinating and informative, great video.

• Like 1

It was a marketing video, but I found it worth watching. It was fun to see all of the roll outs put together in one place and then all the artist renditions were magically changed to the real thing at the end.

Edgies who followed the build will likely enjoy!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going on board for the April 28 transatlantic.  We watched and did not see anything new but it was still interesting.  In a suite for this voyage and looking forward to the Retreat.  We hear good things about Luminae.  Guess you know where our interest is!

19 minutes ago, FloatSomeMore said:

Going on board for the April 28 transatlantic.  We watched and did not see anything new but it was still interesting.  In a suite for this voyage and looking forward to the Retreat.  We hear good things about Luminae.  Guess you know where our interest is!

You are so lucky to so the TA, especially in a suite, but I would be happy in any cabin! The Retreat and Luminae are amazing.  🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

I almost didn’t do it but I am so glad i did!! A total splurge for some but so amazing.  Eden shouldn't be TOO bad of an addiction. Love it!

I have to go back soon!!

Welcome back B-Rizzle ....... Reporting more fake reviews for everyone under a new name, eh? Magik Bee ...... You should try to get away from the Bee usernames when making troll accounts.  Please stop telling people you've been on the Edge. 

Tallnthensom what would be AWESOME and that makes everybody super happy is to give it a try for yourself! I'd be so excited for you - please check back in and tell me how it is!!

I'm planning a whole video of photos just to show everyone so be on the look out for that. Although in hind sight we should have just plugged in more with the apps - it's not that hard and when you get used to it (sometimes we PROCRASTINATE!!!) I voting Edge (but I did learn a few minor things need to be tweaked;).

We completed our 7 days on Edge on 3/10 & saw a film crew following the “Baron” around. Rumor mill had it that the Baron was from Scotland & that he was living on the Edge. Someone we talked with said they didn’t believe it, but that’s all we heard. Crew said they knew nothing about it. There definitely was a film crew though, we saw them every day.

5 hours ago, bacm said:

We completed our 7 days on Edge on 3/10 & saw a film crew following the “Baron” around. Rumor mill had it that the Baron was from Scotland & that he was living on the Edge. Someone we talked with said they didn’t believe it, but that’s all we heard. Crew said they knew nothing about it. There definitely was a film crew though, we saw them every day.

Sounds intriguing!  I can't wait to see the Scottish Baron on the Edge video! 🙂

I enjoyed watching the video last night. It’s clearly more promotional/marketing material than “documentary” but it was still good and informative. 

If i sail on Edge or an Edge class ship in the future, I think I’ll have a better understanding of the back story and the design rationale. 

Just now, mfs2k said:

I enjoyed watching the video last night. It’s clearly more promotional/marketing material than “documentary” but it was still good and informative. 

If i sail on Edge or an Edge class ship in the future, I think I’ll have a better understanding of the back story and the design rationale. 

I agree. I had watched most of those clips as they did the reveals over the 2 years, but I enjoyed seeing them all together to tell the story. I had forgotten some of the design rationales so it was interesting to review those now that I have sailed her and see what worked and what didn't (IMO).

I especially liked the part where they took all the animated clips of various areas and went "poof" and they became reality.

And, of course, Mr. Edge was a star! 🙂