Do any websites track cruise price HISTORY

soonernstlouis

Foreward: I am not looking for a site that tracks price drops.

Now I realize there is more complexity in tracking every room type for every departure date & that cruiselines make you go thru a several steps to do a mock booking.  But I am spoiled by sites like camelcamelcamel that track Amazon item pricing.  Is there something similar for pricing cruises (even just a specific line such as Carnival  or RCL) on base price for interior/window/balcony/suite?  I’m sure someone out there at least has a script that does multiple mock bookings and records the results.  Thanks

Never heard of a site that tracks cruise price history.  What would be the point?  A hope that a price drop in October 2018 would predict a similar discount in October 2019?   Sudden changes in fuel prices,  terrorist threats, and storm damage can all negate historic pricing patterns. image.thumb.png.be8014904a5109d7e5b18be9ffad5f39.png

Edited by BlueRiband

No let me clarify.  Let’s say today I want to book a cruise 18 months out & have several lines to choose from (as most do) or can fly as cheaply into Florida port as a New Orleans/Galveston port (as I do).  So a lot of options open.

I’d rather know whether the current price is lower or higher than it has been for the last 6 months for that booking or between booking options.  Obviously if price goes down after booking you usually can apply for a price adjustment, but knowing I locked in option B when option A has cyclical pricing may make me want to wait.

Again if you look at a site like camel x 3 who tracks price changes on Amazon for thousands of items, it can’t be that difficult.

Past pricing has ZERO relationship to today's pricing.  Fuel goes up - guess what, that price from last year means nothing to today's costs.  New competition on a route - likely to have downward pressure.

There's a simple rule...is the price a "fair deal" for you as a consumer?  If so, buy.  If not, don't.

You want to squeeze out every last nickel....knock yourself out.

I have done my own tracking on some cruises and the one thing I have learned is you cannot predict exactly how a particular cruise will sell over another, there are too many influential factors that changes the supply and demand for each cruise. Of course there are some general patterns of pricing but like I said, it is not hard and fast for every cruise or even similar  cruises.

Thanks for the answers (especially the unmentionable pay app above).  As mentioned above, I wasn’t looking for price trend as a predictor so much as-is it a current price peak or valley.  Yesterday when I was running the daily search engine on Carnival for my cruise (for price protection) I saw the same cabin level on the week’s prior cruise drop about $90/per person & it is 6 months out.  Just had me thinking.

Edit-Just checked that same prior week & it went up about $70/pp from yesterday.  

Edited by soonernstlouis

As someone that used to sell on Amazon, I can tell you that Camel isn't perfect. Most items sole on Amazon are third party sellers that use repricing software. In a matter of minutes they can cause the price to go crazy low, OR, high. Then over time settle back to normalcy.
I get what you are asking OP and I would love to see this same thing, but there are way to many variables and maybe more importantly, to many decisions made behind the curtain that we as buyers never see.

The problem with these things is that as soon as someone sees the prices are going to be lower next week because it has happened on the same type of cruise 20 times before , everyone will buy then and drive the prices up, which then changes it for every cruise later.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, soonernstlouis said:

Foreward: I am not looking for a site that tracks price drops.

Now I realize there is more complexity in tracking every room type for every departure date & that cruiselines make you go thru a several steps to do a mock booking.  But I am spoiled by sites like camelcamelcamel that track Amazon item pricing.  Is there something similar for pricing cruises (even just a specific line such as Carnival  or RCL) on base price for interior/window/balcony/suite?  I’m sure someone out there at least has a script that does multiple mock bookings and records the results.  Thanks

You're trying to predict future cruise prices.  People are about as successful in that endeavor as they are in predicting future stock prices.  You'll be better off simply booking a cruise (avoiding non-refundable deposits) and watching for price drops.  

It would be a near-impossible task.  The reality is that prices vary, depending on when you book, various promos, etc.  In fact, one cruise agency we count among our favorites will often have multiple pricing (sometimes 3 or 4 offers) for each cabin category on a cruise...depending on promotions, state of residence, etc.

We book a lot of cruises (sometimes over 100 days a year) and are always shopping around for the best deals.  This does take some time but I generally look at options about twice a week (usually Tuesday and Thursday) for both our booked cruises and others for which we have a future interest.  Since pricing and deals can vary greatly between different cruise agents (we are talking thousands of dollars on some longer cruises)….shopping around can be lucrative.

Hank