Live Blog: Millennium 30 March 2019 - Shanghai to Tokyo

mazza

12 hours ago, Rina155 said:

Thank you for all your posts on your journey. I am sitting in the airport lounge in Denver awaiting my flight to Narita. Wave as you depart the ship and I am so happy you had a wonderful trip. 

I hope you are going to do a live review, I board the 27th.

Norma

I have run out of time to post photos on the ship - we are disembarking tomorrow morning and I'm off to bed shortly.

We caught the free shuttle bus into Yokohama city this afternoon (5 minutes) and walked around for a bit, it was a nice, clean, safe feeling space, but I think that's characteristic of Japan. It was a cloudy, cold day so we spent most of it relaxing and enjoying our last day on the ship which was wonderfully very empty. A few additional comments.

• I ddn't get to much entertainment but everyone else enjoyed the shows they saw. We didn't do the Silent Disco or other evening events, so can't help much there.
  • Blu was a great place to eat, although when it's busy, service gets a bit slow, so go early or late to eat.
  • Cafe al Bachio continues to be a great place to meet up, although the friendliness of service various on the people serving you. Say hi to Helena if you are on the next cruise - mention Conway, Lutter and Irelandes. She was fabulous.
  • The Oceanview Cafe I really liked - good food, and pretty good service all around. Even Alan was happy enough at the end. The hand washing stations are great, although there are sill a number of people who wander through without washing or using the sanitiser. I feel like grabbing them on the collar and dragging them back to the basins! 🙂
  • The Martini Bar was the place to be if you like a very loud space - the noise here is kind of overwhelming for me, but I know others like it. The Rendezvous Lounge was our go to place, although we nearly abandoned it towards the end of the cruise as the volume of the band's music seemed to get louder every day, preventing good conversation. Cellar Masters seems to be a quiet bar, good for conversations. We sat outside the OceanView Cafe on the deck the one day we had sun warm enough to sit outside, and the bar service there was great - probably because we were the only people there! 🙂
  • The pool area - on the days it was used - didn't seem to have a problem with chair hogs, but there was only a couple of days when the weather was warm enough to spend time out there.
  • The ports were great, and all our private tours worked really well. Wonderful guides and we saw some fantastic places. China was fascinating, so different (of course) from 1984, South Korea was a surprise - it was an unknown quantity and it was a fun place to visit and more advanced it seemed in terms of tourism services than China. Japan ports have been great as well. We went to many temples and shrines but all were different so we never got the 'a temple is a temple' syndrome. All the countries are very clean, no rubbish on the streets, little graffiti and in Japan that on time public transport is a god send.
  • The local food was universally yummy expect for the Chicken and Ginger soup we had in JeJu. It's great if you like the 'whole' chicken in front of you but if you prefer more 'structured' meals, I'd give it a miss.
  • And of course, the staff - they were wonderful, friendly, ever smiling and made the cruise for us - again.

I will get photos posted when we get to our Tokyo hotel tomorrow hopefully - if not I'll post a link here when my blog is finished and I have the photos posted there. I'm sorry I couldn't finish with a bang, but my first live blog has been a great learning experience and I'll try it again in January 2020 when we are on our South American cruise. Thank you all for your support and I hope those of of you who are heading this way soon have as wonderful a time as we did.

Cheers

Maree (Mazza)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, mazza said:

Hope you have a good flight. We docked in Yokohama about 50 minutes ago. The design of the cruise terminal looks amazing from here on the ship, multiple levels all folding into each other. Like nothing I've ever seen. But sadly, I still can't post photos.

Ah!  Can see the ship from our hotel.  We are staying at the Hotel New Grand. Have a good trip home.

@H20cruiser Sorry to say but I am not great at writing so most likely will not be doing a blog.  I can post some photos if the wifi is agreeable.  

• Like 2

As promised, some photos of the ship - I didn't get the gym of Cosmos though, hopefully someone else can post them. 

Cellar Masters

IMG_1054.thumb.JPG.a028dadad6d849b7e1fc862ae200588e.JPG

IMG_1055.thumb.JPG.eb500ff31d70fa771865424189eeacae.JPG

Rendezvous Lounge

IMG_1056.thumb.JPG.e312ca65f710f2f8647d8ec1350e2570.JPG

IMG_1057.thumb.JPG.d705467c1d8f290c917b8a95d20dd048.JPG

IMG_1058.thumb.JPG.0118b6290339edfed1e826b062ab5d99.JPG

Martini Bar

IMG_1067.thumb.JPG.9b69d52837181a5cc5979f20ef3c988d.JPGIMG_1068.thumb.JPG.3acb681376b5e547be4035b62fecee8c.JPG

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the photos Mazza and taking the time out of your cruise to write such a brilliant blog!! It's got me super excited and counting down days we'll months untill I do the same cruise at same time next year 

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, lbenson said:

Thanks for the excellent blog and photos. We were on the same sailing and had a wonderful experience. I loved your pictures. 😊

I hope you get to see Mt Fuji - it was a highlight, only visible for a few hours. And you will enjoy the Millennium, new decor or not. It was a great cruise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, mazza said:

I hope you get to see Mt Fuji - it was a highlight, only visible for a few hours. And you will enjoy the Millennium, new decor or not. It was a great cruise.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, happycruisenut said:

Great blog!  Thank you!

Thank you for the great information.  We are going in March and enjoyed looking at your pictures.