Magnetic hooks

Barwick Cruiser

4 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Airport an Cruise security will inspect your bags, in order to avoid problems put the hooks in your carry on

I've always pack ours in our checked luggage for years. No issues with airport security or the cruise line security.  No need to put them in your carry on. 

6 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Airport an Cruise security will inspect your bags, in order to avoid problems put the hooks in your carry on

I've been packing them for years in both my checked and carry on luggage without even a raised eyebrow! Also, if the magnets stick together you can get them apart by sliding them side to side instead of trying to pull them apart.

3 hours ago, gatour said:

I just ordered some from Amazon.

They were rated for 40 lbs.  However when I dived into the description, it stated this was from the ceiling.  Mounting on a vertical surface, such as a wall, there effectiveness would be decreased by about 1/3rd.

One application I saw was using them to "paperwork" on a wall.  Such as notes, shore excursion tickets.  Our desk has a tendency to get cluttered, so I can unscrew the hooks and just use the magnet portion for this purpose.

The other purpose I will use them is that our next cruise the ship doesn't have a clothesline in the bathroom.  I will put the magnets on the ceiling with hooks intact and hang our bathing suits for drying.  With a 40lb rated load we should be fine.

I've used the 40 lb. rated magnets from the link on Amazon I posted in #3 on this thread for years. Two go on the wall inside the shower with twine between them to hang wet suits and hand washables and have never had them slip down the walls. I also use another to hang all those dailies on the wall and another to hang odds and ends like purses, caps, etc.

5 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

Wow!  I could only use those once because after I stuck them on I could never pull them back off!^😁

• Haha 1

I have a set of the Amazon hooks in my classroom and they hold objects around 5 lbs with no issue. I can't hold up my whole pad of chart paper, even with multiple though. I am planning to bring a few of these magnets on our cruise this summer as we are in an inside cabin. I figure they can hang jackets, wet swimsuits or other items. I know placing them on the ceiling will make it easier to hold heavier items.