Symphony of the Seas Internet

We are sailing on her in May.  We want one day of the fastest possible Internet package.  I can't find the pricing anywhere.  Could anyone explain to me how much it will cost? And this is the new Zoom service that is super high speed, correct?  Or is it Xoom?  Or Voom?  lol sorry

3 minutes ago, iamchrisstone said:

is it truly as fast as everyone makes it seem?  people say its as fast as good land internet. 

No, both the latency and download speed is worse than the most basic tier of any cable internet service. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iamchrisstone said:

thanks man!

is it truly as fast as everyone makes it seem?  people say its as fast as good land internet.  just doesnt make sense to me

Nope. It is satellite internet shared with several thousand people. 

i was on the NCL Getaway and the Internet on there was 80% of the time crazy fast speeds and the other 20% of the time, not nearly as much.  People say the Symphony is much much faster than that.  I don't know how accurate any of this info is.  just curious.

and to the user that said put up the devices.....  i understand what you are saying, but we require Internet access for one day due to a project we are working on.  It is what it is.

11 minutes ago, iamchrisstone said:

i was on the NCL Getaway and the Internet on there was 80% of the time crazy fast speeds and the other 20% of the time, not nearly as much.  People say the Symphony is much much faster than that.  I don't know how accurate any of this info is.  just curious.

Symphony uses O3B lower altitude sat with much better latency than the high altitude sat of Getaway- performance should be better for most tasks.