any self-serve laundry on Nieuw Statendam?

j3000

can anyone tell me if there is any self-serve laundry facilities (washers, dryers) on the Statendam? also, are irons readily available? thanks.

Edited by jargey3000

Laundromats are a thing of the past - it's been years/decades since HAL put out a ship with one of those onboard.  Thankfully, I reached 4-star status so it doesn't matter to me any more, but when I was only 3 star I honestly didn't miss it.  Life is too short to spend any part of it in a laundry room while on a cruise!

Sue/WDW1972

An alternative would be bring a can of wrinkle-releasing spray.  Or, pack stuff that doesn't wrinkle.  If you do send it out to HAL for ironing, they do a great job, and turn it around very quickly.  I generally will take it from my suitcase, put it in the laundry bag & send it out - often it's back before dinner, but to be safe don't send out what you're wearing that night!

Sue/WDW1972

Depending on the length of the cruise I just fill a bag (stuff) it about 6 days in.  It comes back nice and neat.  People in the past scared me that they use hot water and everything shrinks.  I have never experienced that.  

I also don't worry about ironing everything - we are all on vacation and clothes get wrinkled. . . I figure everyone else has the same problem.  

My friend and I used the laundry service on our trip on NS last week and all of the clothes came back the same day without being express service and they were done beautifully - and the opposite of shrinking, the pants came back slightly bigger! win/win 😉

Not necessarily in room,  but I'm pretty sure we've gotten them on request  , or in laundry room ...on these & also Carnival & Princess...dont ever remember having to pay...or go without...

Could be wrong :)

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, smallishwanderer said:

How much does the laundry cost? Is it flat fee for a bag? or per item?

You can purchase a length of cruise package (cost varies by length of cruise), or a by-the-bag cost (don't recall right offhand what that costs).