Summit Royal Suite 6137 - The good, the bad and the ugly!

Zigster

Currently on board Summit and we'll start with the good.  The ship is lovely.  Certainly very different from when we sailed this vessel years ago.  The crew pleasant, friendly and also happy to assist.  Our butler Homer is fabulous as well as our cabin attendant.  The cabin and balcony furnishings are comfortable and good choices.  Bed is comfortable, towels and bedding are a good quality.

The bad - Design elements in our cabin are ridiculous!  Too many items all around that just get in the way and have to be moved.

The ugly - Our bathroom, specifically the shower.  Tile work is poor workmanship.  We have a cup holder attached to the wall (in case we need a drink while we're showering?) but no soap dish or shelving to hold our hair products. And no bar for shaving legs.

What's really awful is that our water temp regulator is not working.  Our past 7 showers the water is freezing cold or scolding hot.  There is no middle ground.  First night our butler thought he fixed it, 2nd day we mentioned it to him again and he advised the Suite Concierge.  She called us and was sending the plumbers.  Later in the day the Suite Manager and our butler came to check on the work and were surprised that the plumbers never showed and stated that she would accompany the plumbers to our cabin while we were at dinner..  When we came back from dinner we called the Suite Manager as it was still not working.  She advised us that they will be here today (Monday) while we are out on our excursion as the fix will take approximately 4 hours.  

To say that I'm extremely unhappy is an understatement!

We'll see what today brings.  

Edited by Zigster

Ugh... Sorry for the cold showers..that is terrible. Have they given you acces to another room or the  spa for showers???

My initial concern about the Redo... was functionality of the onboard systems,.. They redid carpets, mattresses soft good and some areas..thermal suites etc...BUT  did they upgrade the plumbing, sewage system or AC ?

If they did initially  replace the shower plumbing for the redo,   seems it is very early for it to fail.,,,  Good luck.

We have a  cruise on Summit 9 nights next Nov...loved the itinerary...After that back to S Class,,hopefully working well!

1 hour ago, Zigster said:

The ugly - Our bathroom, specifically the shower.  Tile work is poor workmanship.  We have a cup holder attached to the wall (in case we need a drink while we're showering?) but no soap dish or shelving to hold our hair products. And no bar for shaving legs.

Just off the 3/25 Summit Concierge Balcony.  In our bathroom, same issue.  No soap dish - guess they feel you will be using their soap/conditioner/body wash which is provided.  Also no place to put your own products.  I had them in travel size bottles, so put them on the shower faucet bar.  It was annoying as they dropped a couple of times every shower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Using their own products is one thing, but what about my shower scrubby and my razor, is there nowhere to put these things?

My question, too!  I cannot shower without my scrubby!  Sometimes better is not always better.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Using their own products is one thing, but what about my shower scrubby and my razor, is there nowhere to put these things?

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

My question, too!  I cannot shower without my scrubby!  Sometimes better is not always better.

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

In our shower there is no place to put anything, except a drinking glass.  Our soap, my travel sized hair products and Celebrity products are on the floor or on the water control bar.

That little "cup holder" in the shower used to have a plastic soap dish on it.  I used to put my travel size shampoo and conditioner on it - and I would put my shower gel on the water control bar.  It sounds like they did away with that plastic soap dish that used to fit right on top of the "cup holder".  You should ask your butler or cabin steward if they still have those plastic soap dishes somewhere.  I hung my scrubby up by the string and placed it at the end of the water control faucets.

• Like 1