Difficulty of showering in the capsule shower. Is it as bad as it looks?

Not ideal, but definitely doable for the short term (at least it's not a shower curtain, right?).  One hack I learned on here is to put a washcloth in the soap holder tray (which is annoyingly designed as a grate, that causes travel sized bottles & razors to easily topple over/fall through).  Put your stuff on top of the washcloth and it's less likely to fall.

• Like 1

I'm short but VERY fluffy.  I find it's easiest to wet myself down, turn off the water, soap up, then rinse off. 

Same with my hair -- I have fairly long, really thick and curly hair (it looks like a rusty Brillo pad, hence my screen name here).  I wet my hair, turn off the water, work through my conditioner, then turn the water back on to rinse.  

And as mentioned, the shower head is on a hose and can be detached.  Very handy.  

3 hours ago, momofmab said:

Not ideal, but definitely doable for the short term (at least it's not a shower curtain, right?).  One hack I learned on here is to put a washcloth in the soap holder tray (which is annoyingly designed as a grate, that causes travel sized bottles & razors to easily topple over/fall through).  Put your stuff on top of the washcloth and it's less likely to fall.

I wish I had thought of that before our last cruise.  That issue was driving me crazy. Thank you for the tip, I will remember it on the next one.

And as for the original question, the OV balcony room on Symphony seems to have a shower that is bigger than I remember from past ships.  There was adequate room to shave and move around. I was surprised and didn’t feel claustrophobic at all. I wish the glass didn’t go up so close to the ceiling because I typically hang a towel over the door so that I can dry my eyes, and that was difficult to do.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, HicksRA said:

Just don’t drop the silver dollar sized bar of soap unless you’re a really good squatter because there’s not enough room to bend over to pick it up... 😉

Thanks for the discreet warning to bring shower gel with me. Even though I need a Handicapped Accessible stateroom, dropping the soap then standing on it and falling, is my nightmare! Even with a handrail, I'm still scared of falling!

I appreciate your help immensely.

Likely the first time someone sees these showers, they are a bit surprised, intimidated, puzzled. Not a surprise.

But once you've used one for a couple days, it's simply not that big a deal.  For those wanting a large shower (and tub), a Junior Suite includes those features.