Renaissance hotel. Fort Lauderdale

scooby girl

Hello. I’m staying at the Renaissance hotel 1 day before my cruise. Are there stores nearby within walking distance ? Have to pick up a few things before the cruise. How far is cruise terminal from the hotel? Thanks so much for any input. 

The cruise port is about mile;  there are places to eat and shop by your hotel.  You may have to walk a few blocks to get to them.,

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/travel/fllbr-renaissance-fort-lauderdale-cruise-port-hotel/

the above link shows your hotels location.  As you can see there is a water taxi stop; you can get to cruise port by water taxi; or regular taxi.  Your hotel can help with arranging these for you

11 minutes ago, scooby girl said:

Hello. I’m staying at the Renaissance hotel 1 day before my cruise. Are there stores nearby within walking distance ? Have to pick up a few things before the cruise. How far is cruise terminal from the hotel? Thanks so much for any input. 

The Renaissance is on the corner of SE 17th St. and Eisenhower Blvd. The cruise terminal is just across the street and a short distance down Eisenhower Blvd. If your ship is docked at pier 2 or 4 you could walk there. For stores there are three malls within walking distance, Southport Shopping Center, South Harbor Mall and Harbor Shops where you will find Total Wine and Publix super market. There are lots of other stores and restaurants very close by within walking distance. Renaissance stays do not normally include breakfast. We have found that the Harbor Cafe, just across the street in the back left hand corner of the South Harbor Plaza serves nice diner style breakfast. The Sun Trolley stops directly across the street if you wish to go to the Ft. Lauderdale beach area and other locations. Take a look at Google Maps and you will see everything. We have stayed at the Renaissance. It's a very nice hotel.

A Walgreens right across the street and restaurants  in walking distance.   I believe the hotel use to have a shuttle, for a  fee, that took you to the cruise port. 

3 hours ago, waltd said:

A Walgreens right across the street and restaurants  in walking distance.   I believe the hotel use to have a shuttle, for a  fee, that took you to the cruise port. 

Taxi fare is $10. Uber maybe a few $$ less. Shuttle would be more and shared. 

On 4/8/2019 at 7:29 AM, scooby girl said:

Yes there is a Walgreens across the street.

We stay at the Renaissance often and when the ship is at pier #2 we just walk to the ship from the hotel.  

• Like 1