5/5 Magic Sailing Departs Ft. Lauderdale at 9pm??

Did you get an email from Carnival about this?  I only found out about it through Cruise Critic.  I am on this cruise which is the first leg of my B2B.  I would've been freaking out when I got to the port and I was too early and no one was there.  Especially since I bought FTTF.  But I did read someone else called Carnival and was told boarding will start at least 2pm I think.

4 hours ago, trudster57 said:

Did you get an email from Carnival about this?  I only found out about it through Cruise Critic.  I am on this cruise which is the first leg of my B2B.  I would've been freaking out when I got to the port and I was too early and no one was there.  Especially since I bought FTTF.  But I did read someone else called Carnival and was told boarding will start at least 2pm I think.

I booked this sailing back in September and it had 9 pm listed as the departure time then... at least for me it did. 

How serious is carnival about embarkation times? we booked late and don't have a time until 6pm!! I feel like that has us missing a whole day. I have only cruised Royal before and they let you board at any time. I want to enjoy the boat as much as possible!

21 hours ago, KismetzMom said:

I am supposed to have priority boarding and my appointment time was set at 4:30. I’d love to know what the earliest appointment is. When I called they were evasive would not tell me.

We are on this cruise and are Platinum.  Our boarding time is 4:00 Pm.  I believe the ship doesn't dock until 2:00 PM. 

On 4/19/2019 at 5:13 PM, fisha said:

How serious is carnival about embarkation times? we booked late and don't have a time until 6pm!! I feel like that has us missing a whole day. I have only cruised Royal before and they let you board at any time. I want to enjoy the boat as much as possible!

They are fairly strict about your scheduled arrival time.  If you arrive too early you'll run the risk of spending the extra time standing out on the sidewalk.  Best to occupy your time somewhere else comfortable until your arrival time.  

It's just frustrating to get on so late at night.  I wonder how they will do the dinners in the main dining and that type of thing. Or entertainment that night? If we can't do those things,  it's like we are really getting a 5 night cruise instead of a 6 night. it seems like we all paid too much! 

Edited by fisha
changed what I wanted to say

9 hours ago, fisha said:

It's just frustrating to get on so late at night.  I wonder how they will do the dinners in the main dining and that type of thing. Or entertainment that night? If we can't do those things,  it's like we are really getting a 5 night cruise instead of a 6 night. it seems like we all paid too much! 

Don't fret.  I can assure that nobody will go hungry the first night.  I imagine that the main dining room may have open seating the first night and there will be some sort of entertainment.

As far as feeling slighted due to the later than usual departure, the departure time was published when the bookings were made.  

If it eases your mind, we've sailed out of ports as late as 10:00 PM and things on the first night went fine.  "Don't worry Mon. Ever tin be irie".   

Carnival has been using staggered check-ins for awhile now. In my opinion it has worked very well in reducing lines and wait times at the terminal. Hopefully you are aware of this already, but don’t assume other cruise lines are going to do things the same way RCCL does things.  Unless you want to risk standing outside in a long line, I would strongly recommend you show up at your designated check-in window. There is no doubt the early/late line is going to be extremely long based on the later check-in times for this cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

no when i booked this cruise 449 days ago the departure time was 4pm. I printed everthing out at that time. It says 4pm departure time. I would not have booked this cruise if had know. We are really now a 5 day cruise, maybe 5 and a half. When i saw the new departure time i called carnival it was about a year out and was told they had the right notting i could do! Booked  hotel and round trip airfare allready. May 7th our 45th wedding anniversary. Not going to let this ruin my cruise, but they did change depature time after booked!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vandyboy said:

no when i booked this cruise 449 days ago the departure time was 4pm. I printed everthing out at that time. It says 4pm departure time. I would not have booked this cruise if had know. We are really now a 5 day cruise, maybe 5 and a half. When i saw the new departure time i called carnival it was about a year out and was told they had the right notting i could do! Booked  hotel and round trip airfare allready. May 7th our 45th wedding anniversary. Not going to let this ruin my cruise, but they did change depature time after booked!

I stand corrected.  I do know, when we booked, the time was listed as 9:00 PM.  

Hi folks

We are in the same situation as you, but not in the same boat.

We are sailing on the Allure of the Seas (RCI) on May 5th.

At the time of our booking I did not realize the late sail away for us  (8:00pm).

The Allure is dropping off its previous sailing passengers in Miami, and coming to Fll.

But it cannot dock till the Harmony unloads her  passengers and goes to Port Canaveral.

So this raised  many questions for us.

1.  What time can we check in at Fll.?

2.  What time can we board?

3.  What time is muster drill?  Hopefully not during dinner.

4.  I hope there will be shows that night.

Ok enough of me.

I hope your sailing is awesome and you have a safe great time.

Sea Ya

I have a FTTF for this sailing, with a check in time of 4-4:30, do you think there is any chance we will be allowed on eariler? as I know people on this sailing with the same boarding time as me without FTTF. I've never done FTTF before so I am unsure about this. TIA

Pretty serious, if the ship is not there in the morning. It will be in Miami, dropping off passengers, then changing ports to Ft Lauderdale. Boarding is to begin after 2pm, is what I read, with a 9pm departure. Kind of reminds me of my late departures from San Juan.