Kids club age flexibility

Bignickpsu

Good morning all...I was just wondering if anyone knew if their was any age flexibility for the kids club. On our next cruise, we are bringing our two boys (11 and 7).  The 7 year old will be weeks away from his 8th birthday and we’d really like it if they could be in the same kids club.   On our last cruise the younger one had just turned 7 but did not ever want to go to the kids club after the first day because it was much more geared to the younger ages.  Thanks in advance.

Usually they are not flexible.    Sometimes the older one (if close in age) may be able to drop DOWN to the lower one's group - but they must stay the entire cruise - no bouncing back and forth. 

I've not experienced the younger one allowed up, even if they are close to their birthday.   

You can always ask, but expect to have them follow the rules.  

On port days, they sometimes combine the groups into the room for the younger kids if there are only a few of each.   But the younger room has less to do for the older ones so that isn't great either.   

This is one of the few things that Princess DOES seem to have consistency on! From our experience of cruising with them (with kids) for the past 11 years, they do not allow kids to be moved between age groups UNLESS their birthday falls during the cruise.

Our cruise in March, my (almost) 8 year old was head and shoulders above every other child in the club. Whenever I dropped him off or picked him up, the staff would comment that he was in the wrong group....lol