Royal report from April 6

Qcruise

We were excited to try this new class of ship on the West coast.  Embarkation got confusing when some people received emails about late boarding time due to a drill.....we arrived at 11am and were aboard at 12:15pm.   The ship is much more stable in high seas we noticed on our way Northbound we know how the grand class rides and this ship is much more stable we liked that.  The buffet is the best we have found at sea to date.  Very impressed with this.  Medalian worked only partially and we found it to be more of an annoyance than a help.  Coffee in the buffet is brewed and as good as IC......enjoyed that.  We did have the beverage package worked well never had an issue getting drinks,  doubles and any premium liquor we wanted.  No new beds on this ship yet......my back was a mess until we got home......disappointed about that.  All service was excellent made many friends with servers in Wheelhouse....Nam, Anthony, Richard,  and napkin guy were great fun.  Ask away specific questions.......

• Like 2

qcruise...did you happen to see what time the gym actually opened?  The patters I saw said 8-10 but that is usually the treadmills....however it looks like no cabins are below the gym so hoping for an earlier start time.  On our last ship there was a sign posted at the door and it actually opened at like 6 or so...

1 hour ago, LessWorkMoreTravel said:

I read an article that said they were getting the new beds.  Very sad to hear this didn't happen.  

https://www.cruisemapper.com/news/4945-royal-princess-receives-multi-million-dollar-refurbishment

A few months ago before the repo cruise there was a Facebook post with pictures showing mattresses getting swapped out. I wonder what happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

qcruise...did you happen to see what time the gym actually opened?  The patters I saw said 8-10 but that is usually the treadmills....however it looks like no cabins are below the gym so hoping for an earlier start time.  On our last ship there was a sign posted at the door and it actually opened at like 6 or so...

I'm sorry but we only walked through the gym a few times......did our walking up on track on 18 and stairs.  I have to say if they did get the beds ours was nothing like our bed on the Ruby in February......so I know what they are like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

I'm sorry but we only walked through the gym a few times......did our walking up on track on 18 and stairs.  I have to say if they did get the beds ours was nothing like our bed on the Ruby in February......so I know what they are like.

Totally agree about the bed. Steward had to put a topper on ours as my back was cramping.

I hope Medallion works well on this current cruise.

7 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

We didn't have the new bed in our room on Royal, either.....sad!