Hotels in Miami

IAMGPW

On 4/20/2019 at 8:46 AM, JohninDC said:

Dates and budget and who is travel will help the suggestions to be closer to your target. Flying into MIA or FLL?

I cannot think of many Miami or Miami Beach hotels that do not have a pool.  The pool at the Doubletree near the port is fabulous!  I would not suggest any hotel near the MIA airport unless you are arriving late and just want a room.

Just curious why you would say no hotels around the MIA airport?  Is this area a higher crime area or just not very pretty?  I'm trying to decide between port area and just getting a hotel near the airport.  

5 minutes ago, fsa1155 said:

Just curious why you would say no hotels around the MIA airport?  Is this area a higher crime area or just not very pretty?  I'm trying to decide between port area and just getting a hotel near the airport.  

Not much around those hotels to walk to.  That's the only reason. Blue Lagoon airport hotels are in a very nice, safe area. 

You will not see or experience much of Miami out near the airport.. Those airport Hotels are fine if you are arriving late and just want a room, but if you want local dining and nightlife options within walking distance you need to stay downtown.

It's your call!