Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 hour ago, astangenes said:

Icon of the Seas is showing up on "expected ship calls" in Copenhagen on her way from the Ship Yard. Interresting that she will make a stop in CopenhagenSkjermbilde2023-11-11kl_11_19_52.thumb.png.3cba805d967656e0fdbbf06a4adb89ec.png

Is She still Scheduled to Stop in Southampton?

I'm interested to see what route she'll take to Copenhagen.

The Oasis and Allure both had to pass under the Storebælt 'Great Belt' bridge - with 65m of clearance, retractable exhausts on the top of the funnels were purposely built so they could clear.

The Øresund Bridge which connects Denmark with Sweden and is much closer to Copenhagen, but it only has a clearance of 57m which will be too low for Icon. This is the crossing which is half bridge/half tunnel.  I'm unsure what the depth of water over the top of the tunnel is and if she'll be able to proceed over that water. Does anyone know? I suspect not because if that had been able to be cleared, surely Oasis and Allure would have done that rather than purposely build retractable funnels for the Great Belt bridge.

So I can only assume she'll still pass under the Great Belt bridge, work her way north, and then turn south to approach Copenhagen from the north.

Has Icon also been built with retractable funnels?

Øresund_Bridge_from_the_air_in_September_2015.jpg

15 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

image.thumb.png.d1aaa3fb311b133274c1909d3ec8e6ea.pngThey look a little different in the renderings. Those white bars which goes from top of the wings to under the bridge.

Now I see it. You are right, from the renderings looks like it’s on the outer side not inside the bridge. Interesting look. Thanks for sharing this detail.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 4:52 PM, BecciBoo said:

Hope we'll be able to watch her go under like we did with Oasis...Try to post a link to that please.

I`m pretty sure she will sail the route trough Great Belt as the route over Øresund tunell is not deep enough. Even Voyager of the Seas had to sail all the way around to Great Belt when she was doing Baltic cruises form Copenhagen last year. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Newcruiser215 said:

Are those screens at the 15 second mark? From the renderings, I assumed it was going to be glass so you could see the water from the Aquadome "pool". 

Me too, renderings look like you can see divers from those windows!  Now they just look like TV screens

Edited by BecciBoo