Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

1 hour ago, Eremita85 said:

Some photos from yesterday evening. Some (work-) lights are now visible on the bridge.

I thought I saw you out there yesterday when I checked the webcam (bottom right corner )😀. But in all seriousness, as always thanks for sharing your amazing photos with us here.

IMG_1157.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I thought I saw you out there yesterday when I checked the webcam (bottom right corner )😀. But in all seriousness, as always thanks for sharing your amazing photos with us here.

IMG_1157.png

Yep, me and Finki were both there 

1 hour ago, Eremita85 said:

Some photos from tonight.

A few days ago it appeared that the the front top of the bow was blue but now it’s white again. Maybe it was an illusion with the lighting around. I do like the white though. Thanks for the new photos.

IMG_1176.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 4:12 AM, Tall-Cruiser said:

A few days ago it appeared that the the front top of the bow was blue but now it’s white again. Maybe it was an illusion with the lighting around. I do like the white though. Thanks for the new photos.

IMG_1176.jpeg

My friend Finki added some more photos, to me it actually looks like they have painted the middle of the bow blue as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtB_40lIWeO/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eremita85 said:

My friend Finki added some more photos, to me it actually looks like they have painted the middle of the bow blue as well:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtB_40lIWeO/

Thanks for the heads up on the new photos by Finki. Initially I thought could be how the light was reflecting on the bow making it seem white again. But then from other angles it looked blue. So I do agree with you that now it definitely looks blue. 
Do either you or Finki have a closed up photo of the forward suites cabins on deck 16 and 17 starboard side that are shareable here or on IG? Thanks. The suite cabins close to the Aquadome have been covered up for a long time. Curious to see the area uncovered since my cabin is in that area 😀

As always appreciate you sharing info and your spectacular photos.  

Must be my timing but I thought you guys were out there again earlier today. 😀. If I ever make it over there I will definitely by you guys a drink at a minimum.

IMG_1201.png

33 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thanks for the heads up on the new photos by Finki. Initially I thought could be how the light was reflecting on the bow making it seem white again. But then from other angles it looked blue. So I do agree with you that now it definitely looks blue. 
Do either you or Finki have a closed up photo of the forward suites cabins on deck 16 and 17 starboard side that are shareable here or on IG? Thanks. The suite cabins close to the Aquadome have been covered up for a long time. Curious to see the area uncovered since my cabin is in that area 😀

As always appreciate you sharing info and your spectacular photos.  

Must be my timing but I thought you guys were out there again earlier today. 😀. If I ever make it over there I will definitely by you guys a drink at a minimum.

IMG_1201.png

Can you put a deck plan of that forward suite cabin area? I'm not that familiar with the area. Not sure about Finki but at least I wasn't there today 😄 something is happening at the shipyard in a few days because one of our tugs will need a pilot. Maybe they're going to move the pontoon cranes on the side of the Icon out of the way before the sea trials. Also they can lift some of the lifeboats on the starboard side then as well.

https://pilotonline.fi/traffic-info/pilotages?vessel=dunker 

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

Can you put a deck plan of that forward suite cabin area? Not sure about Finki but at least I wasn't there today 😄 something is happening at the shipyard in a few days because one of our tugs will need a pilot. Maybe they're going to move the pontoon cranes on the side of the Icon out of the way before the sea trials. Also they can lift some of the lifeboats on the starboard side then as well.

https://pilotonline.fi/traffic-info/pilotages?vessel=dunker 

Thanks for the link. 
Hopefully this helps with the section within the yellow area. Thanks much.

IMG_1211.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

. Maybe they're going to move the pontoon cranes on the side of the Icon out of the way before the sea trials. Also they can lift some of the lifeboats on the starboard side then as well.

Looks like they also have a few areas to still paint on the Starboard side, 

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

11 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Thanks for the link. 
Hopefully this helps with the section within the yellow area. Thanks much.

IMG_1211.jpeg

Well I don't have any closer than this at this point 😄 need to remember next time when I go to take some photos.

2023-06-02 23-29-37-DJI_0291-Enhanced-NR.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

Well I don't have any closer than this at this point 😄 need to remember next time when I go to take some photos.

Thanks very much and it’s still helpful to get a glimpse 😀. Will zoom in with my iPad 😀. This is the first photo I’m seeing of that area almost totally uncovered. Thank again and much appreciated.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eremita85 said:

I think my cabin is the one with the red maker I added in front of the balcony. I have always wondered since booked it if I chose wisely and if I should have chose deck 16 instead. None were available at the time and I was not sure how much obstruction there could be from the Aquadome. I know, first world problem 😀

IMG_1214.jpeg

• Like 1

I am intensely interested in the Panoramic Oceanview cabins new category.  The one we wanted with the Xs in the windows which we thought were closest to the Aquadome deck 14.  But couldn't book it for 2 😡  Hoping we can switch after she gets here if they're not all gone.  Looks like they are in this picture to the bottom right where the curtain hangs.  Fat chance though as the cabin we booked an interior has already increase almost a $1000 for us.  We booked it at $1186 pp and its' now over 1700.  Boy am I glad I jumped on it in Oct.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Boy am I glad I jumped on it in Oct.

Booking during that opening period made a big difference. It’s unbelievable how much prices have gone up on ALL categories. Some balcony cabins are double what they were in October. Then some cabin prices for 2025 sailings are even higher than the same period in 2024. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 8:15 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

I think my cabin is the one with the red maker I added in front of the balcony. I have always wondered since booked it if I chose wisely and if I should have chose deck 16 instead. None were available at the time and I was not sure how much obstruction there could be from the Aquadome. I know, first world problem 😀

IMG_1214.jpeg

Hi.  Same here!  We booked deck 17 the GS and JS next door: 17032 and 17030.  Even though it's directly under suite sundeck, it seems like it will be sunnier than the suites on deck 16.  I agree, first world problem but fun to look at this.  I also jumped on it and each suite has gone up over 4K since october.  Crazy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

Even though it's directly under suite sundeck, it seems like it will be sunnier than the suites on deck 16.

Congrats on your two cabin selections 😀

I am glad to know I wasn’t the only one thinking about this 😀. I have looked at so many renderings, photos and angles trying to figure it out. Plus I enjoy following the whole ship building process. I also wondered why they didn’t (at least from the renderings) totally cover those suites on 17 from the OS to the JS similar to those below on 16. Since there are only a few of those Sky JS, it’s hard to find them for any sailing. Indeed the pricing is very crazy. The price of a regular JS is approaching that of the Sky JS back in October. 

On 6/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

Congrats on your two cabin selections 😀

I am glad to know I wasn’t the only one thinking about this 😀. I have looked at so many renderings, photos and angles trying to figure it out. Plus I enjoy following the whole ship building process. I also wondered why they didn’t (at least from the renderings) totally cover those suites on 17 from the OS to the JS similar to those below on 16. Since there are only a few of those Sky JS, it’s hard to find them for any sailing. Indeed the pricing is very crazy. The price of a regular JS is approaching that of the Sky JS back in October. 

me too.  even hitting pause a million times on the promo videos.  Not even sure where the breaks on 17 btwn the OS, GS and JS are.  Going to have to wait like everyone else i think til those pics come pouring in at the Inaugural...

• Like 1